Ways to stop smoking.

fresh air,
Roseburg, Oregon
Smoking is really bad for your heart and all of your body. Try to stop a little at a time by smoking half a cigarette and than putting it out. Get rid of all of the ashtrays in your house. Find a buddy that will help you to quit smoking. Exercise every day. Cook all of your meals at home and cook healthy foods. Want to quit and stick to it so you will be healthy.
@CRK109 (14365)
Thankfully, I've never smoked. Most of my friends did and I dated one guy who did. After that, I swore I would not marry a man who smoked. And I never did. I hate the smell of smoke and so my life has been so much happier being far away from it.
I hate the smell smoke to.
@jstory07 I detest the smell of smoke or anything having to do with smoking.
@jstory07 by the way, forgotto tell you great picture! And good advice to stop smoking luckily I never took up the habit.
It takes a lot of commitment and dedication. A person who wants to quit smoking must need support from friends and families.
Smoking is like anything else in life. If you want it bad enough you will have it. Put the pack down and say you won't pick it back up. decide that the cravings will not be stronger then you and your going to quit. I stopped smoking in one day. I made a promise to myself and meant it. People are always making excuses as to why they can't quit. The bottom line is they are not ready. Once you are nothing will stop you.
@sharon6345 I don't smoke.
I never started smoking either. I think it stinks and will never smoke.
@miniam (9304)
• Bern, Switzerland
Been a smoker 20 years,always failed at attempts to stop
My friend bought a patch and took it off to go and smoke. @What good did the patch do. None.
@miniam (9304)
• Bern, Switzerland
@jstory07 Been there done that lol
@sofssu (14742)
I do not smoke.. I personally use the cold turkey method or the substitution method to change habits.
Yes just stop and do not start again. not as easy as it seems.
@sofssu (14742)
@jstory07 works for me all the time.. I used to play games on my tab forever.. one day I just deleted them..
Thanks for sharing these tips. I don't smoke at all. My dad was a smoker long time ago. He got rid of it by doing some housework. It is not easy to quit smoking for a smoker. So when my dad felt like smoking, he would go to mop the floor or did something else so that he would not think about smoking.
Staying busy would be a good way to stop smoking.
@jstory07 Tha's true. And the feelings may not be so suffering.
@marsha32 (6780)
I really do need to quit and I know it. I've almost beat it several times over the past 30+ years. I'm supposed to be getting some good vape pens in for review. I hope they really do come as I've not had any luck with the $15 one that I bought myself.
some of those vape pens stink do while some do not.
• Calgary, Alberta
I dont smoke but I use to work in an office where everyone smokes. Imagine how much damage I got from 2nd hand smoke.
My cousin smokes right in front of her husband who has a bad heart. She says it is none of anyone's business what she does.
• Hangzhou, China
I am a non-smoker. I never tried to smoke even when I was young when my classmates were starting to smoke. I am allergic to smoke when I smell it. So I do not like to stay in a place where someone is smoking. Smoking people say that it helps them in thinking and I believe it, but I drink tea to make me awake and think about things if I feel tired and sleepy during the day, not in the evening. Thank you for your discussion. Good day.
Second hand smoking is not good for your health either. No one is allowed to smoke in my house.
@shivamani10 (9941)
• Hyderabad, India
A good idea...But, in what way cooking at home is related to quitting smoking.?
If you eat healthy meals at home you will not be around people that smell of smoke if you go out to eat.
@Drosophila (16862)
I just stopped after smoking for over 10 years. Just stopped one day some 5 years ago.. and never picked it up again The only key to stop smoking is.. if you truly want to stop smoking.
Good advice my friend. I quit by working out a lot and, started only smoking one a day, then eventually. I just didn't need them.
@Jot2me (144)
• Adams, Tennessee
Funny I saw this. Just today I decided to reduce and eventually stop smoking after almost 20 years. I have smoked three today, and mostly used a vaporizer. It helps I work all day and can't some there. I hope this time works.