She keeps him coming back...

Marshmallow and Ninja
@Genipher (5108)
Generally when Marshmallow the rabbit gets loose in the backyard, pandemonium breaks out. We know he can slip through the gate to the front yard. We know he'll position himself under the back porch, juuuust out of reach. I think he likes to taunt us. Yesterday, someone didn't latch Marshmallow's cage properly and he must've discovered how to push his door open. I don't blame him. When you're stuck in a cage with nothing to do, what else is there but to attempt a jail break? I didn't notice his escape until I'd put Ninja in the "Green Cage" (that's the name of our rabbit run). I'd just secured her in her new day quarters when I spotted the flash of white that is Marshmallow, under the porch. I was about to get angry at his wily escape when a strange thing happened: He hopped over to me. Well, it wasn't really me he was interested in. It was Ninja. She lured him in like a moth to a flame. I hung around for awhile, watching. Marshmallow would hop away to nibble on some rose bush leaves and then bound back to Ninja's cage. She'd get excited and start running circles, at which point he'd ignore her again. Looks like people aren't the only ones who play games when they're romantically interested...! So now I know I can safely let Marshmallow roam the backyard...as long as Ninja is within sight and smell. Because like many gals, she knows how to bring her fellow back!
Our rabbits always got their cages open as well so we had to put a clip on them to keep them from opening them and getting out.
@Genipher (5108)
We had a lock on the cage for awhile, because our 1-year-old kept climbing into the cage. Eventually we got him to stop that, so we've been slack on putting the lock on. Though now that I know he won't leave the yard, I've been letting him have more freedom.
@Genipher (5108)
@ChesneyM Yup. It's a rather large cage. For some reason he enjoyed crawling in and dumping out the rabbit's food. When we had our dog kennel, he liked getting into that, too. For some reason the kids just likes being in cages!
gigglin' :) yepperz, y'ave been usin' the wrong 'bait' all 'long :)
@Genipher (5108)
I remember some years back when we were raising meat rabbits, we ended up with a stray bunny in our yard. I think he'd been enticed over by our does. He must've gotten lost. Or maybe his owners set him loose. At any rate, after being unable to track down his wonders, we ended up keeping him. He was pretty friendly. So, yeah, female bunnies seem to be good bait!
Looks like Marshmallow wants to be a Dalmatian!
@Genipher (5108)
Or a Blot Test...
@DaddyEvil (21861)
LMAO! Sounds like some young people I know! Tell him or show him that she is around and you never get rid of him! All to catch a glimpse of her! Glad you have found a way to "wrangle" him out in the open so you can catch him again!
@Genipher (5108)
He's been a lot easier to catch now. In fact, he'll often hop right up to us or follow us around the yard. Funny what happens when you give a creature some freedom...though it probably helps that he's too big to squeeze out of any of the holes in our fence....
@DaddyEvil (21861)
@Genipher LOL! Yes, set it free... if it comes back to you, it is yours... if it doesn't, it never was yours to begin with!
@Genipher (5108)
@DaddyEvil Hey, I bought him fair and square! He's mine!
Oh this is so nice, Ninja is the perfect bait.
@Genipher (5108)
Many females are.
@Genipher Yes, you are right.
@boiboing (12526)
• Northampton, England
We are bunny sitting for our neighbours. I was very proud that I managed to round them up and get them in their hutch in just a couple of minutes yesterday.
@Genipher (5108)
They're fast little buggers, don't you think? I accidentally let Ninja loose a couple nights ago, causing her to lead hubby and I on a merry chase around the yard for about 30 minutes. Let me just say, it's hard to catch a black bunny in the dark!
@sol_cee (13141)
• Japan
Did you mention jail break? Well Prison Break is coming back and so are Marshmallow's gang of friends. lol
@Hanyouyomi (1916)
• Dallas, Texas
Huh, I thouught Ninja was a dude... Whelp, that changes a few aspects of my story idea... And she has the wanted attention of a male bunny named Marshmellow... I think I'm done here...
@Genipher (5108)
Run away!!
• Dallas, Texas
@Genipher Well like I expressed in explaining my idea that your daughter's desire to be a bunny inspired, a female ninja is referred to as a "kunoichi," which the female bunny in this concept of mine will become. Then there's the fact that Ninja according to you has Marshellow's attention... Now I want you do me a favor and imagine a ninja dressed bunny named "Marshellow." Does that sound silly to you?
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Interesting how they act, isn't it?
@Genipher (5108)
They're like animals! I'm so glad we don't let our pheromones dictate how we act...
@koopharper (6199)
Won't work for us. Both our miniature rabbits are females. They enjoy each other's company anyway.
@Genipher (5108)
We don't let Marshmallow and Ninja actually get together...he's too big for her. But she makes for good bait!