A Sad Day Today...

My "great" niece that was pregnant with a baby that had no lungs or kidneys had her baby today!!. She could have aborted her child once she found out the news but she didn't!! Today she gave birth to Thatta Alan at 9:57 am. He weighed 2 pounds and 7 ounces and was 14 inches long. He passed at 11:15 am. So she had an hour with her son!! Praying for the family and sending positive vibes to her. ~Peace~ photo courtesy of pixabay
thats so sad, I know first hand as I went thru the same thing, the baby had no lungs and no mouth, I got to see it but it was born deadl I send her goodd wikshes and pray for p eace fo her. I later had two children so pray she will have a wonderful perfect child.
• Midland, Michigan
That's awful, Patsie. I'm sure back when you had your children the tests of today hadn't been developed yet, but that would be a difficult decision to make even if you had known ahead of time. I had a friend that i worked with years ago that was told her daughter would have a major illness. The medical staff encouraged her to abort the baby, but she didn't and that child was fine.
@MarshaMusselman I do not believe in abortion I had a daughter who had to be revived at birth so suffered some brain damage but we had her for eight years and she was cute and loving and she was our little love bug we lost het at age 8 to pneumonia
• Midland, Michigan
@Hatley I'd not consider abortion either, Patsie, and I figured you were the same way too. I know about Rose, I think her name was. I didn't realize that was how you lost her, that is sad too.
@KristenH (18281)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
This is so sad to hear. At least he wasn't stillborn. I wonder why he had no lungs or kidneys.
• Midland, Michigan
i was hoping that the tests were wrong and that she had a healthier baby after all. Sorry to hear about this. I'm surprised that the baby lasted even the one hour if he couldn't breathe.
@rina110383 (21990)
So sorry for your family's loss Please accept my sincere condolences
@PatZAnthony (11748)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This is just such a sad thing to have happen. There really isn't anything that can be done in such serious cases.
@puddleglum (1444)
Prayers and deepest condolences for your family.
Oh that is so sad. I will be praying for the family and especially for the baby's momma. I cannot even imagine...
@koopharper (6032)
@cxndie (1052)
• Kolkata, India
Omg. I am so saddened to hear this. Condolences to you and your family I know this must be a very hard time. Prayers and peace to you all, especially the mother.
@stringer321 (2579)
• Israel
I'm sorry to hear that the baby had no lungs and no kidneys. At least she could spend some time with the baby. I can't say what would I do instead of her, I would probably want an abortion if no cure could be found. Was it a genetic problem in the family ? Who knows... GOD gives and GOD takes. I wish her to find joy and happiness and have a healthy baby who will live long life and bring her joy.
Oh, this is heartbreaking. My prayers of comfort to your family.
@PurnaSharma (1770)
O god ! How god could do so with such innocent?RIP