Korean War ended on July 27, 1953

Rochester, New York
After a long 3 year battle, the Korean war came to an end on this day in July 1953. The countries involved in the war agreed to stop fighting and signed a Armistice. These countries are the United States, the People’s Republic of China, North Korea, and South Korea. According theFreeDictionary.com website and Armistice is "(Military) an agreement between opposing armies to suspend hostilities in order to discuss peace terms; truce" Millions of lives were lost on all sides. Today is a day of remembrance for those who have fought and died in this senseless war.
Definition, Synonyms, Translations of armistice by The Free Dictionary
@moffittjc (31696)
• Gainesville, Florida
Although all war is brutal and horrific, by many accounts it was not considered a senseless war. The Soviets and Chinese were hellbent on spreading communism throughout the entire world, and we took a stand to put a stop to communist aggression. I do wish the two Koreas would figure out how to make peace with each other and reunite as one country, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. By the way, my grandfather flew F-86 Sabre fighter jets for the Air Force in Korea, the first in a long line of fighter pilots in my family!
• Rochester, New York
My cousin is a Navy fighter pilot! I'm one of those people who see all forms of War as being senseless. I just don't agree with them, but I know that sometimes there is no other choice but to have one.