If the Bible says that God told Moses that "no man can see me and live".....

Why do so many people believe Jesus is God? People saw Jesus, they have never seen God according to the Scriptures. (Exodus 33:20 and John 1:18)......John the Baptizer told his followers at John 1:18 that "No man has seen God at any time..."
@Bluedoll (17052)
if i knew too much me head would explode?
Lol! :D Interesting you would say that, because actually the brain has the capacity to hold volumes of information, libraries of information, we just don't live long enough for our brains to do that in this day and age :)
@Bluedoll (17052)
@itslikethistome It really is an amazing creation. Image the possibilities provided mankind could use it in the correct way.
@Bluedoll I absolutely agree with you, the brain is an amazing creative work of God. I have nicknamed it "the universe within our head". Its been said that we use less than 1% percent of our brain. Imagine if we could use our brains to full capacity!....Sadly, unfortunately, that "less than 1% brain" usage in some individuals is used for badness and not for the good of mankind or themselves. There is hope based on the Bible that one day soon in mankind's coming history that we will be able to use our brain to the fullest capacity,100% percent capacity.... If you have further questions about this profound Bible based promise please message me or visit anyone one of JWs Kingdom Halls in your local area.
@IreneVincent (16025)
I have never understood why anyone who has read the many scriptures in the Bible that says that Jesus is the Son of God, could believe that Jesus is God. And you are absolutely right about what the Bible says about "no man has seen God at any time..." That is such a clear statement of fact. The problem I think is that most people don't read the Bible for themselves. They simply accept what someone else has told them. And many clergy, even in Christendom, tell their members that Jesus is God OR that Jesus is part of a TRINITY. Neither of these teachings are supported by the Bible. There are dozens of scriptures that explain that Jesus is God's son. Matthew 3:17 You might enjoy reading an article about Jesus which totally supports your statement.
Get accurate Bible answers: Is Jesus God? Where did Jesus come from? What kind of person was he? How is Jesus the promised Messiah?
I absolutely agree with you sis. Its just as the Bible says at 2nd Corinthians 4:4-"......the god of this age or system of things has blinded the minds (peoples reasoning and thinking falcutiies) of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God might not shine through."
I have come to understand why people believe Jesus is God. Many were raised that way by religious parents or they have learned this falsehood in their place of worship. Some have believed what they heard from others and not questioning the irrationality of the teaching of the Trinity, they accept others firm belief in this false teaching that is not found in the Bible....Still others are not familiar with the Bible and it's contents concerning the accurate knowledge of who God and Jesus really are. They believe both are not the same person. But as you said there are many, many verses in the Bible that show that Jesus is not God and God is not Jesus.
That is one verse from Exodus, and yet the Old Testament is FULL of verses that say people saw God, so that verse must be viewed in context with the others. Re. John 1:18, actually, Jesus didn't say that, John did. Jesus said to His followers that "From now on you have seen Him and know Him"-that is a major Johanian theme actually, that what was not known, in Jesus has become known and experienced first hand. But the fact is, there are many reasons and Biblical passages why Christians believe Jesus is God, for example, when the New Testament quotes Old Testament passages which are addressed to Yahweh, and applies them to Jesus (Hebrews 1:10, which is a quotation of the Septuagint version of Psalm 102), or in Revelation where Jesus takes an Old Testament title of Yahweh "I am the First and the Last"-in the book of Acts, Romans, Phillipians, the Spirit of God is also called the Spirit of Jesus.
You are absolutely right when you say John the Baptizer said those words: I meant to say John told his followers that "no man has seen God at anytime....", not Jesus. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Will edit and make the correction quickly :D
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
yes. that is right. No one on earth or in any other planet in any religion had seen him. He can see his manifestations only.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
No one one on the earth is competent to give any comment on such saying. They are divine sayings. We should take them as granted. This applies to all religions. They are all masterpieces. Who are we to comment?
@Bluedoll (17052)
I don't think disrespect or hate have any place in relation to any kind interaction but other than those kinds of comments in a dialogue rarely a loving father ommands his children to "hush"?
There are dispensations of time and the context of the content of Scripture. For me personally, I believe that Jesus Christ is both God and man. If you read the Scripture, particularly 1 Timothy 3:16 and John 1:14, you realize that in God's manifold wisdom, He revealed himself to us through the flesh. This is because no man can see God and live as you mentioned, taken in the old testament. Jesus came to die for the sins of the world, in which you and me are part of it. It's easier when we have a transformed heart to understand all these things because "just shall live by faith."