Morning equilibrium.

@xFiacre (10381)
Ireland
I don't like it that at times my equilibrium is dependent on external curcumstances that can change in a heartbeat. Yet today the soft, early blue of a clean, summer sky, the breeze gently running through the full-leaved trees that line Cadogan Park, and the prospect of a pot of Earl Grey tea and a freshly baked apricot croissant seem to have twisted my normally emotionless visage almost into a smile.
I just had an apricot croissant with a cappuccino, I will skip lunch.
@xFiacre (10381)
@ladyduck Oh an apricot croissant is surely just an appetizer before lunch!
@xFiacre I am forcing myself to avoid to eat too much, I will have an apple for lunch, it seems reasonable, my weight is my obsession.
You need to be more careful. I'm sure you don't want to become 'normal'.
@xFiacre (10381)
@judyev Perish the thought.
@Bluedoll (17074)
We get defensive because of external influences but some are there as a blessing. You wrote a really nice post here.
Doesn't take much to maintain balance. I often enjoy being off-kilter a bit, however.
Almost being the key word here. Almost anything about our mood can be traced back to some type of an external stimuli. Even if one were to claim it is because "I have something on my mind" that something originated externally. It's hard to be gruff and mean around unicorns and fairies...unless you don't like them...and yet, it is still that external thing that caused the mood, is it not?