National Chicken Wing Day

@moffittjc (41186)
Gainesville, Florida
I can't believe my luck today! It's Friday AND it's National Chicken Wing Day! Our local Buffalo Wild Wings is offering half-price wings all day today, which I will be taking full advantage of soon! Are you a chicken wing fan, and are you going to celebrate National Chicken Wing Day today? What's your favorite flavor chicken wings? Mine is hot buffalo, followed closely behind by caribbean jerk.
sorry Jeff.I do not eat chicken wings.Enjoy yours there
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's okay, I will just help myself to your portion of wings! The more for me the better! lol
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
I'm with you alfredo...I don't like wings either
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Mike197602 That's okay Mike, I will eat your helping of wings and Alfredo's helping of wings! Yay...now I get triple the amount of wings! LOL
@Asylum (48283)
• Manchester, England
I am not very impressed by chicken wings. They cannot even lift the chicken off the ground, so they would be no use to me. Of course Buffalo Wings sound a little more promising.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Buffalo wings are much stronger than chicken wings, and therefore tastier! Have you ever seen the buffalo flying around? It's quite the site to see!
@Asylum (48283)
• Manchester, England
@moffittjc It can be a problem when seagulls are flying overhead, so I do not want to see buffalo flying over.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Asylum My goodness, can you imagine getting hit with buffalo droppings from overhead? It would be disastrous to say the least!
@OKennedy (1145)
I love chicken wings but I don't make them much honestly and I don't really know why I don't lol that sounds great though.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm surprised that as much as I love chicken wings, I've never made them at home either. I always just go out to a restaurant to eat wings!
@OKennedy (1145)
@moffittjc making wings at home is like an unwanted chore I have made hotwings at home but the going out getting the stuff and then coming home making the hot sauce etc and they are gone in a matter of moments almost makes it seem like too much work for so little reward. The thing is eating out is costly when you have a large family so if you do go out to eat it usually isn't as often as one may want.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@OKennedy Yes, eating out is very costly, especially when it comes to chicken wings. However, we have one place here in my city that does all-you-can-eat wings every Monday night, so that is usually the night I take the family out to dinner!
@zarlamain (24531)
Seems like there's a day for every food out there!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
As long as I can keep discovering these food days, and find out where the specials are, then I will stay a happy man! lol
@zarlamain (24531)
@moffittjc So funny! Keep it up!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@zarlamain My old stand-by for the ultimate free food bonanza is to go to our local Sam's Club around lunch time and eat my heart's content on all the free food sample stations they have set up! lol
@CRK109 (14421)
I haven't had chicken wings in years but I do enjoy them. Hot buffalo is my favorite, and for some strange reason, the older I get, the hotter I like them!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm the same way! I've found over the last couple of years that the hotter and spicier the food, the better! I never used to be like that, but now I enjoy the super hot foods!
@CRK109 (14421)
@moffittjc It's so funny! I never expected this but I keep hot sauce and red pepper flakes by the stove so I can add heat to just about everything I cook!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@CRK109 I have a shelf in my pantry that has about 20 different bottles of hot sauce, so no matter what kind of mood I'm in, there's almost always a good hot sauce to go with my cravings! lol
@Drosophila (16742)
lol I wish I read this earlier.. now you make me wanna eat wings
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Every day is a good day to eat wings!
@Drosophila (16742)
@moffittjc where and how do you always find these "national days"
@Drosophila (16742)
@moffittjc lol. i just follow you its easier :D
My favorite flavor is Garlic Parmesan chicken wings-amazing! =) I wish I had the money for chicken wings.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Do you guys have a Gators Dockside restaurant in Jacksonville? There is one here in Gainesville, and one in Lake City, and other cities farther south, but not sure if there is one in Jax. Anyway, on Monday nights they do all-u-can-eat wings for $12.99. That's the perfect night to take advantage of wings if it isn't something you can usually afford. As for garlic parmesan, I love the flavor but tend to avoid them because I don't want garlic breath afterward when I kiss my girlfriend! lol
@moffittjc No we don't have one here-I wish! I don't think we do anyway, I will have to look it up now to make sure. I have never heard of it before. As for the breath-I have been married for 11 years so I'm over caring about it! Lol I am a garlic lover and my husband just has to deal with it!
@moffittjc Holy cow we do have one here!! I have to tell my husband about this. Thanks!
I'm a wing fan. Our favorite hangout does excellent wings. I follow in your footsteps: buffalo then jerk then red coconut curry.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Ooh, I like the sound of red coconut curry! I've never seen that flavor before, but it sounds delicious! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. We have a local wings place called Gators Dockside that has an amazing flavor called Scooter. It reminds me of the flavor that Hooters has called Daytona. Kind of like a mix between buffalo and jerk.
@moffittjc that sounds amazing!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@NJChicaa Teriyaki is another flavor I like. There probably aren't too many rubs and sauces I don't like on my wings, although I do try to avoid the garlic wings just for the sake of keeping my girlfriend happy when we kiss later! lol
@Tierkreisze (1361)
What is the difference between chicken wings and buffalo wings? Is the latter bigger? Haha. Anyway, I love spicy chicken wings.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
There's really no difference. I think there used to be...you're right that one was a larger size than the other, but these days they are all pretty much the same size (too small, in my opinion!)
@moffittjc So you mean chicken wings used to be bigger? Man, I'd love to have some of those. Spicy buffalo wings. Yum!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Tierkreisze Yes, 15-20 years ago before they became popular, chicken wings were huge! Back then, those things had some meat on them! But as chicken wings became more and more popular, chicken farms just couldn't keep up with the demand and couldn't raise the chickens fast enough, so unfortunately to keep up with demand the chicken farmers can't wait until the chickens get to full maturity before they send them to market.
Oh I used to love chicken until I recently discovered that chicken has an enzyme in it I cannot metabolize effectively, so I just stopped that particular poultry and so far so good ! I used to love wings with bleu cheese !
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's already bad enough that I'm lactose intolerant, so I pray that I never lose my ability to digest the enzymes in chicken! I would go crazy if I couldn't eat chicken!
@moffittjc if your Blood type is AB, you do NOT have the ability to metabolize chicken effectively . ,. .
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@enlightenedpsych2 I'm O negative.
@VivaLaDani13 (17736)
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc Jeff? National Chicken Wing Day? ........Where's the emoji for peeing myself laughing?
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Dani, why is this funny? I happen to love chicken wings! Of course I am going to take full advantage of any chicken wing deals I can find around town!
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc I honestly had a feeling you would start the reply with my name lol Hey I love chicken wings but I didn't know it had it's own special day! LOL! So funny to me! Is there such thing as a National Hot Dog day? If you say yes, I'm going to wet myself!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 yes, you just missed National Hot Dog Day. It was a week ago, on 23 July. By the way, today is International Friends Day! So happy IFD to you! Thanks for being my friend on the other side of the world!
Yes, i love fried spicy chicken wings. Yummy.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
The spicy ones are the best!
@josie_ (6375)
I get to enjoy my son's buffalo wings when he comes to visit and decides to cook his favorite dish. With regards to the favorite part of a chicken, I'm basically a leg man...er woman. Do you also have a National Chicken leg day?
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm sure we do have a National Chicken Leg Day, but I have no idea when it is! I should look it up!
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
According to Wikipedia, today is both National Chicken Wing Day AND National Chicken Leg Day! Oh, and looking ahead, World Chicken Day will take place on the 13th of October!
@Platespinner (16532)
I enjoy chicken wings, but it's been a while since we've had any. Unfortunately it's too late now to go out and celebrate National Chicken Wing day...
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well, even if you don't get to enjoy them tonight, I hope you will have a chance in the near future to enjoy some wings!
@louievill (18104)
My children love buffalo wings, they prefer KFC hot, once in a while we buy wings in the market and make it our selves, different versions and different types of dips and sauce.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
I really enjoyed KFC's Nashville Hot Wings when they were out for a limited time. They had a little bit of kick to them!
@Vivenda (588)
• Portsmouth, England
I don't think we go in for chicken wings in a big way over here. Our national dish is curry!