Free Wifi!

I heard some countries have free wifi. Here in our country, there is free, but only free Facebook access that is very limited. Technically, it is not a free wifi, but only free data. It cannot even download pictures. It is hosted by one of our Telco companies and not through our government. But know some of the senators are doing their best to submit a bill to give everyone in the country a free wifi access. How about you? Is your country, providing a free wifi to all? Photo:Pixabay
@Lucky15 (33691)
We only have..free.data for facebook...so great
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Lucky15, that is true,but when not loaded, hard to serve us FB users.
@Lucky15 (33691)
@cacay1 and as a data user or dependent...it isslowing my browsing..hay
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Lucky15 I do not rely on my free FB in celfon time consuming , unless internet fast, my heart also beats fast for excitement.
@sunrisefan (16624)
President Duterte mentioned in his SONA that there will soon be WIFI access in airports, seaports, terminals and public parks.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@skysnap, it will surely happen soon.I thought before when I was in the NAIA airport that there was free wi fi, I was wrong. I hope this time under the new admin.
@acelawrites (10752)
There are free wifi in some malls and hospitals in our place, but it's so slow. President Duterte promises to have free wifi access at public places in out country.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Let us wait for that time to come. When I was in Davao city, their wi fi there is very strong. The people there in Davao have free wi fi anywhere.
@acelawrites (10752)
@cacay1 so nice to now about it. Hope the whole country will have it too, just like in Davao City.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@acelawrites I hope, so we will experience happiness and less burden of paying the internet bill. It will be our government to pay.Better this time, there is clear journey of people's money unlike in the previous presidents.They were the one enjoying the money from people's taxes. This time many good things happen purely for all Pinoys rich or poor, no barrier.
@nomus24g (16464)
We have some free Wifi zones with full access...but then, I feel it will have security issues to key in your details with public wi-fi network
I see. I did not think about the security. Right, it is possible that your log ins will get compromised. It is scary. I think it is better not to have free wifi access at all if it will only put us at risk.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ilocosboy (33300)
Waiting for the promise of Mr. President.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ilocosboy, soon friend, it happens like in Davao all free wi fi.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Not all countries are having free wi fi, but inexpensive payment unlike ours here in Ph so scary performance of our internet providers.
They just have the technology thats why they can provide the service on a lower price.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@eliza_godinez12 That is so true, when I was in New Zealand , my cousin paid only $18 for their internet.That is equivalent to 700 pesos Ph money.
@kepweng (6407)
hope the wifi is free in any public places right?
Hehe..yes..really wished
@gudheart (12796)
Yes, we have places in the UK that have free wifi. For example some restaurants and companies offer it which is great :D
Yes, same here too. Thanks for sharing.
@Mike197602 (13517)
• Worcester, England
Here a lot of restaurants provide free wifi. Macdonalds and KFC both have free wifi and so do a lot of other places.
That's good. We just need to be careful because a device can be hacked once connected to a network.
• Guernsey
Some places provide and some places won't. Mostly coffe resturants have free wifi here in Israel
@simone10 (22262)
• Louisville, Kentucky
There are some places here where you can get free wifi, such as hospitals, library and some restaurants.
In the USA Americans are making millions off of us by charging for the internet service. No free wifi here unless you go to the library.
@skysnap (17580)
We have some places where we offer free wifi.
That's nice to hear.