Suddendeath poetry Challenge: Adrift!

Centralia, Missouri
Welcome to this weekend’s Suddendeath poetry challenge, adrift! Anyways, rules are as follows, write a poem in any style using the five words that I give you. Write it in one sitting or in under an hour (only to quash your inner editor, rules are loose there). Add it here, OR link in a comment so we can enjoy each other’s poems. The words can be in any plurality or tense. Today’s words lost, adrift, bitter, flow, need My entry is below: Adrift on the waters, myself lost to me, I sit and wonder how could it be. That a day that had gone well, had flowed to the bad, So suddenly and quickly and so incredibly sad. Bitter thoughts war with a need to find hope, In a sea that appears completely devoid of the rope That might work as a lifeline or a way to be found, To find my way back from sea to the ground. No rope or lighthouse, no sign of the shore I drift a little this way, and then drift some more. Adrift on the waters, myself lost to me, I sit and wonder how could it be.
• Olney, Illinois
Lost in a sea of memory Adrift in an ocean of history The bitter taste of victory Flowing fast away from me I need to be locked up you see Before I listen to anymore Monkees
Lol, was that the morning record?
• Olney, Illinois
@Jessicalynnt I don't know what possessed me, but I am in the midst of a 'Monkees Marathon', I'm playing the first 5 albums back to back
I figured yous would be the fist!
• Eugene, Oregon
Adrift on a sea of uncertainty lost in the bitter flow of memory needing the wind of hope to bring me home.
That was lovely
• Eugene, Oregon
@Jessicalynnt thank you
@josie_ (1870)
@JamesHxstatic _Bitter sweet poem I can relate to.
@Drosophila (16442)
lost, adrift, bitter, flow, need Lost in the need to make the best, of a situation that leaves me with no rest. Adrift in a bitter flow of resentment, in which you will not find contentment.
@josie_ (1870)
@Drosophila _I think i'm getting to like this exchange of poetic comments. Nicely done!.
@Drosophila (16442)
@josie_ yep these are fun every saturday :D
Oh I loved that! And yes, I try hard to keep the same tags so they are easy to find
@josie_ (1870)
It has been awhile since I dabble in any poetic emotional outburst. Here's mine. The bitter flow of tears reminds me of our painful separation Now I find myself lost, set adrift in the melancholy maelstrom of the past Need I say anything more of how my broken heart feels?
Very lovely, and vivid
@Drosophila (16442)
@josie_ very simple and powerful
@Rohvannyn (3049)
• Tucson, Arizona
Lost, the ebbing mind slips its moorings set adrift a remnant of bitter flavor, acrid on the tongue. Memories flow and ripple through clutching mental fingers. Nothing left now, to satisfy the need for for firm ground on which to stand.
I loved it. It seems to evoke taste, and smell as well.
@josie_ (1870)
@Rohvannyn _ Poignant. I especially like "the ebbing mind slips it's moorings, set adrift". It drew my attention and made me emotionally susceptible to the following lines "a remnant of bitter flavor, acrid on the tongue". The wandering mind often slips off in search of bitter memories.
@Rohvannyn (3049)
• Tucson, Arizona
@josie_ Thank you for that thoughtful comment.
@Vivenda (612)
• Portsmouth, England
My husband always preaches thrift But a pound has gone adrift. Recriminations will be bitter If I've chucked it with the litter, So I must needs go search the bin; Cash flow problems count as sin! A line will really have been crossed If that pound is truly lost! ...and my other half will be particularly irritated by this doggerel, if he reads it, bearing in mind the amount I've just spent on things for our holiday!
bwhwhwhaa, well poo on him, I love it!
• Preston, England
hope rescue comes soon - strong feelngs and capture of despair - not forgetting to do my poems for the challenges - just rather busy with the big move pending at present
oh I know, I figured you'd get caught up once you have time
Iwill be back with my version okay