Thank you, God, for sanctioning abortion

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
After all, if God wanted a child born, that child would be born. No ifs, ands, or buts. If God wanted abortion stopped, He would stop it. Please, if you can, show me any passage in the Bible that specifically states a woman may not get an abortion. I'll just sit here and wait... Meanwhile:
Pro-life advocates won't want to admit it, but the Bible supports abortion. These five verses prove it.
@1creekgirl (3994)
This is the biggest bunch of garbage I've read in a while. People can twist scripture to "appear" anyway they want. I will post some Bible verses soon that report the truth.
• Olney, Illinois
No, you won't. Unless you wish to 'twist' what the Bible says...
Vicki, you are correct, the truth is, those verses don't support abortion or mention it. Looking through the verses in question, 1., there was a penalty for causing the woman to miscarry-by definition a penalty is not support. 2., the rhetoric of Kohelet about it being better that one is miscarried, again, is not an endorsement to terminate a pregnancy, it is a rant. 3., Life beginning at one month? That is not what the verse says, and the fact that the mitzvah of circumcision was binding on the 8th day of life, flies in the face of that logic. 4., That is speaking of the creation of Adam, not the birth of a child, as to the question asked as to why is it not the same of the birth of a fetus, well, because by definition it was different-until that moment Adam was not animate, and a fetus is. But even if that were the case, that again is in no way is an endorcement of it. 5., It was a judicial curse, as all the curses in the Torah, that is not abortion and that is not an endorsement to abort. Even if one wanted to say the Bible does not equate abortion with murder, these verses are not endorsement and if one said they are...they are either being dishonest (for whatever reason), or have extremely poor reasoning capabilities. The very best one could do with these verses is conjecture.
@HebrewGreekStudies It's good to hear from someone who really knows the Holy scriptures.
@1creekgirl (3994)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you.” (Jeremiah 1:5) "You knit me in my mother’s womb . . . nor was my frame unknown to you when I was made in secret” (Psalm 139:13,15) These are just a couple that came to mind. A woman has the right to choose what she does with her own body, but she has no right to murder her baby.
• Olney, Illinois
Neither of those speak against abortion.
@akalinus (11051)
What about "Thou shalt not kill?" An unborn baby is a human being, someone's son or daughter.
@akalinus (11051)
@JolietJake I know that kill the babies is popular right now. Even a presidential candidate says unborn babies have no rights, but I can't go along with that. Not a person til it is a month old? Where did that come from.
• Olney, Illinois
@akalinus Check your Bible, it gets mentioned a few times... Numbers 3:15 is a good choice
• Redlands, California
Easily, the most frustrating argument of all time. Every life is precious at conception, but please do not grow up to be poor, mentally different or off, stay in your own country because we do not want you taking our jobs. Your life is precious, but only if you think like we do, have money like we do, look like we do, come from where we come from. Your life is precious, but if you do not meet these requirements sit there and rot. Do not become a menace to society because we hate abortions, we like to watch other people suffer and then go look how much better we are than those people.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
You are also preaching to the choir, brother! Down with hypocrites!
• Olney, Illinois
'God works in strange and mysterious ways.' But of course, that argument is only valid on Tuesdays...
@Mike197602 (10718)
• Worcester, England
I am pro choice, always have been always will be. But, as an adopted person myself, I am very pro adoption. My biological mum was an Irish Catholic and if she hadn't have had such strong religious beliefs I wouldn't exist. I do support a womans right to choose but if possible I'd want them to choose adoption rather than abortion. Just my opinion and no offence intended to anyone
@koopharper (6048)
I read the article and the author should stick to being an activist. He knows next to nothing about biblical theology.
• Olney, Illinois
Be that as it may, it is never mentioned anywhere that a woman will be condemned for it.
@JolietJake There is no mention of sanctioning it either. If you want to accept these five scriptures that might infer that abortion is not a problem you have to weigh them against all the scriptures that infer the opposite.
• Olney, Illinois
@koopharper Numbers 5:27? Sounds sanctioned to me. But I am just a wee ol' Heathen stirring the waters...
@tallawah (5407)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Abortion is a woman's right to chose. Right now Zika virus is going around. Babies are born with tiny heads and if they survive they will suffer all their lives.
I'm pro-life but I'm not the one who will carry a child in my body for nine months so you can say that I'm pro-choice as well.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
You're preaching to the choir,brother!
DId you actually read that?
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, I did.
@JolietJake .....Interesting. This is why I am an agnostic.
@Vivenda (612)
• Portsmouth, England
If it is not damaging to a woman's health (physical or mental) I would prefer the child to be born - although this should always be the choice of the "bearer". However, for a woman to be compelled to produce a child that is the result of rape, for instance, is inhuman, as is expecting her to bear a child that would be so ill as to have no prospect of quality life.
• Olney, Illinois
I also would prefer birth to be the choice, but then again, I do believe a woman should have that choice.
@CRK109 (10024)
I don't think people will ever agree on this subject, but I know that, where women are allowed to do as they need to do, they will. In those countries where women have no choices, I feel awful because bad things happen to the women and the babies.
@Hanyouyomi (1701)
I'm simultaneously pro-life and pro-choice, but I think how this is being handled is idiotic. For starters why have orphanages if these neanderthals won't consider that an option? If they don't wanna deal with regret later on, then these wh0res need to learn to keep their legs closed. Second, why not get the tubes tied at 16 so they won't have to worry about teen pregnancies. Then they can screw as many guys as they want without worrying about getting pregnant. And lastly if they avoid all these options, why must the embyo because a full fetus before it's aborted? The fact that these dumb cows wait nine months before aborting the things is as far as I can tell the foundation of this nonsense. Gotta say, having a one wold system with a single ruler, if that is to happen might actually benefit humanity. Because freedom of choice is wasted on us.
@SHOHANA (3302)
• Bangladesh
If a woman has no physical problem for having a child then she should not abort. For me abortion is sinful.
@msiduri (4890)
As a non-Christian, I'm not swayed by Bible verses one way or another. I see abortion as the woman's right—if a choice of last resort. IMHO, the way to deter abortion is not through laws or through practical denial but through education and making safe, reliable birth control readily available. Education—facts, no purity pleads and that sort of nonsense.
The religious stuff here is making me crazy
@advokatku (4041)
I do not know if there are other religious bible verse God who support abortion, but I understand in my religion, God forbid abortion