Started Moving Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It took forever to get on here today, but I have a really good excuse. I started moving over to the apartment. My chair, TV, video cabinet, TV entertainment console, drafting table and computer all went along with a number of boxes. I had called a friend, but didn't get an answer. I called my sister, but didn't get an answer, and then out of the blue my oldest shows up on my doorstep with a friend. God really knows how to answer an unspoken prayer for help to get this move started. So instead of getting started as I was about to do on the computer, I closed it down and got a start on the move. I really needed to get this stuff over as Housing is doing their inspection first thing Monday morning and AT&T will be there in the afternoon. So I will be at the new apartment all day and most likely will be unable to get the Bible Study done until late again. So now I'll be comfortable waiting for them to get there. I'll need to do a grocery run tomorrow after church so I have food to eat while I'm there on Monday. Then my new mattress will show up around Wednesday or Thursday, so I will once again be over at the apartment waiting for that to show up. I'll probably take my bed frame over, so then I will be more there than here when that shows up, but in two places as I get all the packing finished. I also figured I'd be able to take the treadmill and have it in the office. There will be plenty of room for it as the bedroom is twice what this one is here. I've also decided where the organ is going to go. In the living room next to the chair. My roll top secretary will be on the opposite wall from the chair. I have pretty much a good idea where everything will go and it will all fit nicely. Of course my kitchen table will go in the dining area, and the drop leaf kitchen table I'll use as a side table in my bedroom. I'll take pictures of it again when I have it all arranged. I can't wait until I'm there full time. Soon now. I'm guessing about two weeks. I'll be taking another load of boxes over about Thursday. My younger son will be able to help me. My friend, whom I couldn't reach before I got the U-Haul pickup will be helping me with her truck. Then I should only have the furniture left to go over there. So that has been my day. And with phone calls this afternoon, it's been a long day, but an exciting one.
@velvet53 (16489)
• Palisade, Colorado
You got a lot done today.It was a blessing that your son and his friend showed up. Try to get some rest tonight as you will have a busy few days ahead of you.
It did feel good to get things over here on Saturday. I have been busy since, but today I'm resting - taking a break - from all the packing. No energy for it. I'll be back at it tomorrow, early, though I'll be here most of the days from now until my mattress arrives. I was hoping it would come today. Such was not the case, yet, and we're in early evening now.
@velvet53 (16489)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him Sometimes a person needs a break from unpacking and things like that. Remember that your stuff isn't going anywhere so you can get to it when you feel like it.
@velvet53 I've made great headway since my day off.
Sounds like you're thoroughly organised and ready to go.
@just4him Your comment was written a fortnight ago. How is it all coming together now? :)
@just4him I'm sure you'll be pleased when it is all over.
@JudyEv I most certainly will.
Yay, sounds like things are working on nicely
They're working, nicely I'm not certain about. If I were younger, I would be completely moved in by now and the house would be completely cleaned. However, I'm not younger, I'm older, and things are going a lot slower than I'm used to.
@just4him heh, patience, with age comes wisdom. no point burning through and making yourself ill.
@Jessicalynnt True. One day at a time.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
good job..
Thank you.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
@just4him welcome
@SHOHANA (7182)
• Bangladesh
For me moving one place to another is quite tough but we need to do it often
I'm sorry you need to move often. It's quite a lot of work to do it just once.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I'm happy for you that there's someone who help you in moving to another place and arranged some stuffs.
Thank you, it was great!
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
At least, you have been able to get some things moved into your new place.
Yes I was. I still need to get the rest moved, but it was a good start.
@thelme55 (14552)
Congratulations on your new home. I hope you will enjoy living there. I know how tiresome it is to move to a new home. I have done that many times and everytime, I was happy to be able to finish the work in the new house. Take a break every now and then.
Thank you. Yes it is tiresome. Today is my day for taking a break. I'll be glad when the move is complete.
Congratulations, you've got a lot done.
Thank you. It doesn't feel like it, but on the whole I probably do.
@acelawrites (10931)
Good thing your sister and a friend went there to help you. It is really hard to move and have all the things be arranged again.
It wasn't my sister. It was my older son and his friend who helped with the move.
@CRK109 (14465)
Well you definitely sound completely organized and ready to get it all done! From the outside of your building, it looks exactly like some apartments we have a couple of miles away from me. A friend used to live in one and she loved it there. Congratulations on the beginning of this new chapter in your life!
Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the end of this move. So far I'm still in the middle of it.
I am so glad that your son came with a friend to help you to move your things. It's exciting to have your things in the new place arranged as you like.
Yes it is. It isn't everything, but a few things do make all the difference.
@Vjvals (933)
• Roseville, California
That would be great to post all of it when arranged
I'll do that, but it will be a couple weeks before the move is complete.
@sallypup (27054)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm of course delighted you got some much needed help.
It was an answer to and unasked prayer, that's for sure.
You have been very busy moving so everyone understands why you have not been on here much. I hope everything gets moved without much hassle.
It would be good to have no hassles in moving. However, I don't think a hassle free move exists. It's going to take some time before everything is moved, so I need patience. I'm not getting any younger so things are slower than they have been in the past.
I hope you will be able to have a restful evening. Moving is neither fun nor easy. Hopefully it goes along as planned and speedily at that.
It's going - not according to plan or speedily, but it is going. Today I'm taking a break from all the packing. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Im glad for you that you have got a lot done and it all seems to work out pretty well too. good luck and do take some rest breaks.
Thank you. Today is one of those rest breaks.
@sugartoes (40706)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sounds like your getting everything in order as you take it over to your NEW place so by the time you get all moved everything will be done & not have to do after you get done moving, pretty smart I'd say. me I just put everything in storage & get moved out THEN after that's all done go through the stuff in the storage that I want in the new place this way you have less time getting out & MORE time moving IN.