Thumbelina Doll

Daytona Beach, Florida
During the 60s Thumbelina dolls were very popular for little girls. They can still be found on line and bought on sites such as Ebay. However when I think back such a doll would seem a bit strange to me now. It was a doll with the face, arms, and legs made of soft plastic. They were squeezable soft to the touch. The body was made of soft material and this doll had a big plastic knob in her back. Kid you not and this would give me nightmares today but apparently I loved this doll. The idea was that when you turned the knob the doll would wiggle and move for awhile otherwise it just lay there. You know I can’t tell you how many times I would turn that knob but the doll was with me constantly. I even had a baby carriage for her. It was a bit uncomfortable to hold her next to me with that knob back there but for a little girl love is love. Just don’t buy that doll for me today. Is there anyone who had such a doll?
I remember the doll but never had one. I grew up on Barbie and Ken.
My girls had this and other dolls.What a shame that they did not keep them.