Happy August

Here we are at the beginning of another new month. It's a rainy start to this Monday but I'm sure the grass and flowers are enjoying their bath. Two days of rain after so much dry weather is a welcome sight. Normally I complain about a rainy day but I'm happy to stay in and enjoy this dismal day. The weekend flew by. I went to visit my mom yesterday but didn't stay long as the skies were ominous and threatening. Right after I got home we had a bad thunderstorm so I was smart to leave when I did. My daughter gave me a good book which I started to read and I love when I become immediately engrossed in a good story. As for today, not much happening in my neck of the woods. How about you?
It does not rain in southern California and we are now in drought category and the fire season is o us now our forests are horribly dry
Being in an area where so many fires are possible would scare me
@cherriefic (4303)
• Baguio, Philippines
It's the same here. Raining all day cause of the typhoon.
So which book did your daughter give you ? Good that the rain is bathing the dried grass and flowers, we finally got about 1/2 inch over the weekend
Luckys Revenge by Jackie Collins...a bit trashy but I haven't read one of her books in years
@Marilynda1225 well a little trash never hurt as long as you take it out when it really stinks, ha ha !
off and on much needed rain.
Seems as if we all needed a bit of rain so no complaints
I worked this morning, and when I checked my phone as I was leaving our son texted me that he had left the cottage 20 minutes before. I thought about the drive that he has and asked him if he'd like to meet in town for a burger. We met and tried a new place, but got our meals to go so that we could come home and enjoy them here. Now him and Ellie have left for their own home. Its a warm afternoon, I'm not up to much after working this morning.
It was nice that your son was able to have lunch with you today. I'm sure you will be missing Ellie after having her there for the weekend
Still hot and humid here. So glad you have a great book to read on your rainy day!
I'm always happy to get lost in a good book (rain or shine)
@skysnap (17489)
Happy august enjoy your monday.
Happy Monday hope you had a good day
I'm glad you made it home before the storm hit yesterday. Finding a good book is always an awesome thing, I haven't read any in a while because I haven't had the time lately. My husband is supposed to be home for part of today so we will be spending time with him. =)
I didnt' read much when my children were small as there was little time but now I have lots of time to relax with a good book.
@quantum2020 (8373)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Here, we´re dealing with rain everyday, Some days more than in otheres; however, it has not made any damage in the area. Monday is cloudy, but seems it´s going to clear up later on the day.
We had a few days of rain after almost a month of dry weather
@Raj7779 (1472)
• Ahmednagar, India
Here in India it is very hot weather from 3 days.
@simone10 (22232)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We had rain off and on all weekend...mostly on. I enjoy rainy days as long as there are no storms involved. Nothing much going on here today. Just some light housework then I am free the rest of the day.
Happy August to you! Hope that your Mom is getting better and better!
@sishy7 (27736)
The new month started out happily for me - the happiest Monday I had for as long as I could remember... I'm going to write up a post about it soon...
@sofssu (14708)
I am glad you got back home before the thunderstorm. Yesterday was a busy day for me.. The wifi was acting fickle and so I cleaned up house.
I had to work all day. It was a good day. It's starting to get hot and humid here again.
@rina110383 (24224)
Just spending my time working here in the office. The weather is a bit cooler because of the typhoon that's about to leave our country.
@Platespinner (19303)
We got some much needed rain here last night as well. Judging by the water level in various containers left outside we got at least 3 inches. Unfortunately it came down very hard and fast, so most of it didn't have a chance to soak in, but just ran off down into the stream.
@koopharper (6353)
Stumbled out of the gate this month but the weather is really nice. Not sure how long it will last.
You know how my day went, but we had sunshine after a rainy night. I believe we'll be getting some of your rain tonight. What book are you reading? Do tell!