would you like a muffin?

I puffed. I panted. I wheezed. I will not give up! I said to myself. I squeezed. *squeeeeeeze* My efforts were laughed at and ridiculed. It's not going to work, you know, whispered my nemesis. Try as hard as you like, you'll never get me to do what you want. I am far too tight to offer you any assistance, fool. And yet, I found his weak spot. It was there ... no, up a bit ... yep, just there. I fought the Jeans and I won. Just. It was very close. Three more cakes and I think that Jeans will have the upper hand. My name is Poppylicious and I'm a fatter fatty boom boom than I was three months ago. I. Must. Stop. Eating. *smile* {I've now convinced myself I have a self induced hernia in my lower pelvic area type place. Pain. *sad face*}
@gudheart (12746)
Ouch, hope it is nothing serious. I had way too much cake during my birthday!!
That's what birthdays are for ... eating cake!
@gudheart (12746)
@Poppylicious The only highlight for birthdays now!
@gudheart Especially as you get more candles each year, so the cake has to get bigger!
That sounds horrible about the hernia. What can be done about it? The title said something about muffins. We have a place called muffin boutique in town and I have a craving to go get some of the their mufffins. I look for them but one day will find them and hopefully get some to take home to eat.
I didn't have a hernia. I just worry too much.
@Poppylicious Elizabeth, sorry I misunderstood you. I know about worrying a lot.
Muffins, cakes, pies and ice cream are so good! How to give up for a pair of jeans? I know I can buy a bigger size, but I do not want.
I just wish that weight was as easy to lose as it is to put on! And that healthy stuff tasted as lovely and yummy as non-healthy stuff! Humpf. I too refuse to buy bigger sizes. I will lose it.
@Poppylicious So true, you eat something good three days in a row and you gain weight and it takes weeks to lose the same amount of weight.
gigglin' :) one'd think that the summer months'd mean more activity 'n healthier foods, eh? thankfully i've multi-sized jeans to don, that crohn's 'tis a wicked sense'f humor 'n with a flare i can blow'p like i'm 6 months pregnant!
Yikes. That sounds horrid. I think I eat healthier in the winter because I'll just pop meat and veg in the slow-cooker and leave it stewing all day!
@Poppylicious sure aint much fun, lol. but, such's life 'n schtuff could always be worse :) kinda odd that'cha eat healthier durin' the winter when there's so much good schtuff to munch durin' the summer. perhaps ya ought'a put that slow cooker to work durin' these months, too? ;)
@pgntwo (21788)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Compression dressings used to be de rigueur treatment for a hernia, I believe. Oh to be a muffin less...:)
I'd prefer to have a muffin than a hernia, so I'm hoping it isn't a hernia and is just a strain. Muffins are easier to sort out with a bit of willpower. :)
@pgntwo (21788)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Poppylicious I hope so too, see how it feels after a night's rest. (the pain, not the muffin!)
I can so relate to this!
I'd be surprised if there were many women {or men, for that matter!} who couldn't. I can't be the only one who likes to stuff my face!
Aw but food is just too good! I've had a few pairs of jeans in my lifetime that I can no longer fit in. I keep them for the "just in case". I had one pair of jeans that I hadn't worn since I was 20 that I was able to fit into a few years ago at 26.
Food must stop being so good! It's a devil.
oh!you do not need this.
I certainly don't, but it is my own fault for being unable to resist temptation. :)