Off Went the Retirement Package

@noni1959 (3161)
I did it. The 30 + pages of disability retirement is on it's way to the BeST Specialist and in 3 - 6 months I will be retired. It's scary and yet exciting at the same time. Because I need to be near my daughter and doctors I can't work in CA any longer and they haven't been able to reassign me here in Oregon. I still am allowed to work remote while they process my paperwork. If an opening I am qualified for comes up, they will stop it and reassign me. I think I can do this financially but it will be a trial the first few months while paying off bills with my thrift. I'm becoming more frugal. No more hair dying after my final one in September. I can't do the bottle here at the house with this extremely soft water. No more nail salons. Trips will be less and no splurges. I'm excited to look for a part time job once I'm retired. I would love to work in a hospital. Any tips from other retired folk?
I have a long way to go before those days but congrats to you :-)
@RubyHawk (25176)
• Atlanta, Georgia
After I retired I worked awhile in a department store. i think you will find many part time jobs. Good luck to you.