Does Your Dog Bring You The Mail?

Redlands, California
Another reason I loved my old buddy Tristan. He loved bringing in the mail. To be fair, I had to actually go get the mail, as our mailbox is on the street. He knew how to open the fence, but not the mailbox. Also he was not allowed in the front yard by himself. People were scared of him and he liked to keep them being scared of him. Our mail lady was never scared of him and sure she would have no problem giving him the mail. That is what I did when I would get the mail. Just put the mail over the fence. He would jump up, grab it and run to take it to my sister. It took him a few times to understand what needed to be done, but eventually he knew what I wanted him to do. He really loved bringing in the mail. Tristan is the dog on the left with the crumpled ear. The one on the right is Kai who refuses to take in the mail. She just drops it on the floor. Then, there is Brooklyn, some of you may know about her and her ball. Does anyone else have a dog that likes to bring in the mail?
We live on a really main road so I can't teach my dog that one. People would be WAY too afraid of her anyway because she's a Rottweiler. She's so sweet but people look at her and think the worst...
• Redlands, California
I hear you, and also know the feeling. She looks pretty gentle to me, but people see the size and often take excitement for aggressive behavior. That is what I always worry about with Kai. In the dry river bed, I can let them run off leash, but there is still people down there. She scared the crap out of a man and his dog because how excited she gets.He eventually saw how nice and gentle she was.
@crossbones27 Yeah once people get to know her they realize how loving and sweet she is. At first though they just judge her by her breed which really annoys me a lot.
Our pup Molly has stated she will do no chores here. She thinks we work for her.
• Redlands, California
She must have one of those permanent vacation plans. How does one go about getting one of those? lol
@crossbones27 Molly says she has "people" who do everything for her. Those people happen to be us. Guess ya gotta have the right people.
@rina110383 (22915)
We have pitbulls at my parents' place. They don't like to bring in the mail. They're lazy. They just love to eat.
• Redlands, California
Pitbulls are indeed lazy, but probably the funniest lazy dogs.
Sweet photo - did something happen to his ear, or was it like that naturally? We don't have mail boxes on the street, we have letterboxes in our front doors, so our dog never had the chance to do it.
• Redlands, California
Yeah, he was bit by a cat and it became infected. We managed to get rid of the infection, but his ear was left like that.
@Bhebelen14 (4561)
My dog does not bring our mail but the security guard is but my dog loves to bring my slippers everytime I open the front door.
• Redlands, California
That is even cooler. Maybe I can get Kai to do that.
MsRuby do not get the mail.We do not have a mail box here.We have a PO box. The only thing he brings in trouble(kidding)
• Redlands, California
That is what they do stir, bring, and cause trouble. lol