My Top 21 Jim Reeves Songs: I'd Fight the World (#18)

@FourWalls (12940)
Before the weekly miniature golf tournament there's a meal, medication, and other preparatory rituals. That includes posting to myLot! I'm doing a 21-day look at my favorite songs by "Gentleman Jim" Reeves, one of the greatest singers in country music history, and my all-time favorite singer. There are 21 days between the anniversaries of his death (July 31, 1964) and his birth (August 20, 1923), so what better way to celebrate? #18: I'd Fight the World Yeah, that's a voice. See you tomorrow. Well, what else can you say about his voice? It's like that countdown of Patsy Cline songs I did: there comes a point where all the superlatives have been used and have been found inadequate. The same here. (By the way, one of the common misconceptions in this world is that Reeves and Cline died in the same plane crash. No, unless that was a plane so big that it took 16 1/2 months to completely crash! Cline died in 1963; Reeves died in 1964. Furthermore, their planes crashed about 100 miles apart.) This song is a double whammy: the great songwriting of Hank Cochran and the great singing of Reeves. This was never released as a single in Reeves' lifetime, but it's always been one of my favorite songs of his. I'd Fight the World Written by Hank Cochran and Joe Allison From Gentleman Jim, 1962 More velvet country from Mr. Reeves:
Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Entertainment I'd Fight the World · Jim Reeves / ????? Gentleman Jim ? Originally released 1963. All rights reserved by Son...
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I used to have several Jim Reeves recordings back in those days. I even had a couple that he recorded in Afrikaans.
@FourWalls (12940)
I'm glad that album was included on the Bear Family box set. I love his version of the South African folk song "Sarie Marais."
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@FourWalls After reading this discussion and remembering his Afrikaans songs I went to Youtube to check what was available. Amusingly I have just been listening to Sarie Marais.
thank you.I am familiar with his singing.Yes I do listen to the video