The death of Facebook

@marie42 (987)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Ever since I have gotten back on My lot I don't get on Facebook much. Well, it started before that ;).I am seriously thinking about closing my account. I mean all I see on FB anymore is drama or ads for something. Not like it used to be when I first signed years ago. Mylot is so different. I feel at home here, if that makes sense lol. So what about you, do you get on Facebook much?
@rina110383 (21705)
No, because I don't have an account on that site.
@sishy7 (21878)
I have never had a facebook account...
I don't for many years now.
@Raj7779 (1373)
• Ahmednagar, India
I don't like Facebook,even I don't have Facebook account. It's a waste of time.
I had three accounts. One I closed last night. The other I lost the password to that I will close and the current one i am not all that active on. What gets me is the awful videos catching people do all kinds of private shameul stuff being shared.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Yes omg. I get those all the time on my timeline. I have to go through and delete them. Yes I am gonna close my tonight as well.luckily I only have one account.
@marie42 Good luck with that it's no good for the most part.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@sharon6345 I am involved with some groups on there that are set up for the bid I am in.Only reason I still have an account.
@sol_cee (10759)
• Japan
I connect with my family and friends through FB. And I indulge with the drama every once in a while. lol
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Lol I used to connect with my family and friends too but they don't get on much anymore. Plus they can email or text me.
@sol_cee (10759)
• Japan
@marie42 oh you have options. I don't.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@sol_cee aww I see
facebook seems to be more geared towards sharin' e'erybody's thoughts but the folks postin' 'em. 'n then there's all the ugliness 'n other oddities. i only stay coz 'tis the only way i get new pics 'f the grand young'uns...
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Well that is a good enough reason to stay ;)
@marie42 'tis the only reason, lol.
@velvet53 (5925)
I very seldom get on Facebook. I love it here on myLots. Facebook is allowing too much crap there.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I love it here too.
@velvet53 (5925)
@marie42 I regret ever leaving here and am so happy to be back.
@chris2050 (1100)
• Manila, Philippines
Here on mylot, we discuss with people, argue, share experiences, and get advises from people who have more experience than us, but on FB, we keep track on our love ones. When a friend or love one travel, move to a new location, get married, obtain a degree, or is sick, with FB, we are informed right away. Here on Mylot, sometimes, there are certain people that I don't see their posts anymore, and I don't know why. On FB, I can just check their profiles, to see what they have been up to lately
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
very true.. alot uses FB just for that reason.
@chris2050 (1100)
• Manila, Philippines
@marie42 That's the reason why, we can't just close our accounts there, just like that
@inertia4 (25444)
I have to agree with you. But I do keep my account there to promote my links from here. That way more and more people find out about MyLot. And I also get exposure to my content. So it is a win win for me.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I use other places for that :)
@inertia4 (25444)
@marie42 I do too. But Facebook, being popular and has a bigger reach, that's why I use it for that.
I don't get on Facebook much at all. The only time I get on their is to look at what other people post like my family and friend's who have moved away and I don't get to see as often.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
That is more then me lol
I think it depends why you use the sites. I use Facebook for completely different reasons - most of what I share here I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing on Facebook. This is more meaningful, Facebook is a chatty, nip in, scoot out again, kind of place. Fb keeps me in the loop with family and friends far away, whereas myLot introduces me to people and ideas that were once a mystery to me.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
That is true. I was usually used for my on a business basis. But it just became so over saturated.
You are right. status updates on facebook are very much for showing off. whereas, mylot is a different kind of interaction
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Yes actually! there is alot of interaction on here. People actually care to read your posts and not just spam you with wanting sell something or want to start drama.
@sugartoes (25275)
• Greencastle, Indiana
the only thing I do on face book is when I make a new craft project I post it on my craft page & there's some friends I live chat with on there & I scroll through the news feed to find photos I might use on here other than THAT there's not a whole lot more I'm interested in cause there's too much nonsense on there for me but as far as KILLING it no I have my craft page on there.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I did have some pages up as well.. but not anymore.
@JAMTECH (581)
I hardly visit FB and when I do is to try out some of the games that is there. As I've said some time ago MyLot can be bigger than FB if MyLot should add a few more features, the main reason is because MyLot pays their members , but we just have to wait and see .
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I never play there games. Just can't get into them ;) yes MyLot could be so much better then FB.I would love to see more features on here.
• Indianapolis, Indiana
I just recently had a friend who watched an anti-facebook post and dropped Facebook altogether.
@marie42 (987)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Oh, it must have been bad for her to drop it all together like that.
@JESSY3236 (4028)
I haven't been really looking at facebook much either. But I'm not getting rid of my account. I do look at it in the early mornings if I can.
I do not like FB at all. A waste of time.
Facebook has a billion dollar value. It takes a giant company to possibly topple the popularity of that site. I have an account there and use it where I need it. Mylot.com is a different platform in many ways. I need to make time for both since I came here a week ago (at this time). I am still feeling the atmosphere in here but I can say it's good and it satisfy a need for many users. Facebook has its audience, millions around the world.