Had to put the steamroller in gear earlier today...

If you guys think I am mean on here sometimes, just be glad you aren't on the receiving end of phone calls from me at times. I kind of feel sorry for the person, in a way...but when I say 'I want to speak to your supervisor' what I am really saying is I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR. And when I have to talk over you three times to get that message across...well, by the third time, the steamroller has been engaged. I'm not going to go into detail (this is a discussion, not a 36,957 page novel, and if I got going, well...) but telling me you can't give me particular information that I need to resolve a problem YOU (or your company) started is not the way to my heart. Yes, I got the supervisor. And after switching the steamroller into second gear, I got the information. Sure...it ended up being a 45 minute phone call, I was placed on hold 'for a couple minutes' several times, but I got what I was looking for...which ended up throwing me into even worse conniptions. But that is a tale for another time. The battle is still raging....but it looks like the opposition has gone into full retreat.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I always start nice but firm. Steamroller mode is necessary only occasionally.
"I can't" is the wrong thing to tell me...especially when I am nice for the first dozen times saying why you indeed can....and should
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JolietJake Indeed can. And should. Well said.
@vandana7 (64984)
@TheHorse .. They don't listen even if I am firm. :(
@pgntwo (21654)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Batman and Robin were steamrollered once - they were known as Flatman and Ribbon thereafter :)
I won. Took a few more calls to finish the war, but eBay has been defeated.
@pgntwo (21654)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake The evil lord of second-hand schtuff has been put in his place, yaaay!
@bwjsdems (498)
• New Zealand
Sometimes you just have to stand your ground. I've done that a couple of times lately and managed to get money refunded when previously I would have let it go and just worn the expense. I must admit it has been satisfying getting things resolved.
I do admit winning an argument with eBay can be a high point to a person's day.
I am suspecting this has to do with the shenanigans you posted about on Facebook. I realize I read you there and forget to read you here.
well, all I can say is some companies, like certain departments at mine, the supervisor is worthless. you could ask to speak to an escalation specialist, or whoever they transfer to with more experience and power to get things done, I suppose, heh
Good for you! Have to be assertive in this life.
@Vjvals (932)
• Roseville, California
I'll call on you to handle these people then
@vandana7 (64984)
What is conniptions..wait I will lookup. Ok..you do get hysterical? Strange...I thought only I was unique..by the way had you spoken to me...I would not have understood you..lol. At least not 30 to 40 percent..lol
@silvermist (20100)
@JolietJake Okay,I understand the situation.Actually,I had to look up the word conniptions. Now I know.
@koopharper (6284)
I hated answering the phones in a call centre. If someone asked for a supervisor we were in trouble if we didn't try to talk the customer out of that course of action. I much preferred it where, if the customer demanded to speak over our heads that's what they got as immediately as possible. Talking a customer out of it rarely went well.
@sabtraversa (13326)
I think it's the supervisor's fault anyway. I bet they're like "nah, you keep on talking, I have to finish my coffee". And then again "no, I hired you to deal with customers, just do your job or you'll be fired". So much pressure, poor operators. Glad your stubborness is winning, by the way.