Getting ready for a big yard sale tomorrow

My kids have been wanting to have a yard sale / lemonade + cookie stand since school got out on June 1st. We've been busy with parties or the weather has been bad so we haven't been able to do one. We are finally going to do it tomorrow. Everything that sells they get to keep the money for. As soon as dinner is done I have to make cookies for them to sell. This morning my daughter and I went to the doctors. Mine for a routine medicine refill and her for the shots she needed before going in to 7th grade. About 4 pm I took them to a new BBQ and ice cream shop that opened a few weeks ago. Out of the 16 different ice cream shops we have gone to this is the first time I bought myself any ice cream. I got strawberry cheesecake. The photo is my dining room full of yard sale items.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Do you have any old stereo speakers you want to get rid of?
Nope I do not sorry
• Pleasant Hill, California
@shaggin Darn! (smiley face emoticon)
@TheHorse That would be a very very very long drive if we did for you to come to our yard sale
@sol_cee (12145)
• Japan
Toy Story 1 started on a yard sale.
Hahah I did not even remember that but you are right!
@sol_cee (12145)
• Japan
@shaggin are you selling toys?
@sol_cee Yea lots of them!
@1creekgirl (7075)
I love yard sales. Hope yours goes well!
So far not good. We started setting it out at 8 am and finished at 9:44. Two stopped and it is after 1 pm. They have made $5 just because their grandfather gave them money to be nice.
@shaggin Bummer. Sometimes sales go better than other times, but I know it's disappointing for the kids.
@1creekgirl I quit doing them years ago myself because no one would come then I would put things out for free and then people would race to get it basically. Now I take my free stuff to donation places rather then put it out for free here for people who won't take the time to stop at my sales.
@simone10 (22278)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I hope you and your kids have fun with your yard sale. My kids and I used to do this too when they were young and at home. We always had a good time and made a decent amount of money.
Its a lot about who you know around here. One person I know is very prominent in our community. Her kids got tons of large tips and earned $70 from their lemonade stand while my niece only earned 50 cents.
@simone10 (22278)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@shaggin I feel sorry for you niece. I bet she was so disappointed.
@simone10 I am sure she was :( The 50 cents she earned was from me...
@marsha32 (6794)
I hope they had good luck making money at the sale and selling cookies. My daughter helped the kids make cookies to sell at our last yard sale but sadly, we ended up with most of them left after she stayed up 2 nights in a row after 1 am baking them.
Aww what a let down that had to be for the kids. I think we only sold like 3 cookies.
@marsha32 (6794)
@shaggin Then a let down for your children too. I'm sure most people are leery of homemade food like that. One person just gave a $5 donation taking no food when they kids said they were raising money for the dog's vet bill.
@marsha32 Yes I am that way as well I do not like to eat anything I see that is not made in a store unless I am the one who makes it.
@cacay1 (30525)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Nice you had yard sales there.How many di you buy? Thanks.
I did not go to any yard sales my children had a sale and people came to buy things.
@cacay1 (30525)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@shaggin hahahaha misread.
Strawberry cheesecake sounds delicious! I hope your yard sale goes well and your kids make some money with their lemonade cookie stand.
They only sold two cups of lemonade so we have lets left. They got some generous tips and the total for the day was about $20.
@shaggin That's not bad for them. I'm sorry they didn't sell much lemonade.
i wish y'all the best'f luck with that yard sale. 'tis wonderful those young'uns get to keep the proceeds 'f such. hopefully they'll put those funds to good use (save half perhaps??). i don't reckon i've e'er'd strawberry cheesecake ice cream? nor've i' heard 'f such. dang, i need to get out more! oh, ne'er mind..most'f that which's made (ice cream) 's gluten hidden'n 't.
Any money they get for birthdays I have them save half for when they are adults. They each have some saved up. This money they can take to spend on anything they want since I do not give them an allowance or anything. I bet my son will use his earnings toward a video game.
@theBlock (2477)
@shaggin Love yard sales---sometimes I find great deals
I used to go to them all the time when my kids were little bit we really just don't need anything now.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
I hope the weather is good and they have fun with the sale.
So far the weather has been excellent! Hoping it will be tomorrow as well but it's not supposed to be very nice.
@rina110383 (21987)
Best of luck on your yard sale tomorrow. I wish everything will be sold.
So far not much has. It's 4 pm now we will be staying out for another hour at least. I do not want to have to pack all that stuff back up.
Good luck with the yard sale.
So far it's going pretty bad. Fridays aren't a good day but tomorrow is supposed to be terrible weather. My kids aunt just came and bought a cup of lemonade for 25 cents and gave them $1 plus spare change she had in her car so they made $1.30.