Reunion or Family Affair?

@acelawrites (10624)
My mind is divided now whether I will attend the college reunion or attend a birthday gathering for my sister and her husband tomorrow. The first is an annual meeting of our organizations' members to held in a resort near our province. The birthday party, a surprise for the celebrators by their only child, will be held in their home. I replied yes to the invitation, but at the back of my mind, I was thinking of the reunion too. If you will choose, where will you go? Thanks for reading.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
No brainer for me, attend the family function. Reunions can happen every few years but family would always come first with me no matter what else I was asked to attend.
@acelawrites (10624)
You are right, I am considering it too!
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
@acelawrites considering what? I'd not be considering anything
What ever you choose have a fun time. I would probably go to the family function.
@acelawrites (10624)
Thaks, sure we will enjoy being with the family and other relatives.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
If it were me, I would go with the birthday party since it will be a family function.
@acelawrites (10624)
I agree with you, family comes first; but I also informed my organization that I could not come to the reunion. Just paid my dues.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@acelawrites Yes, family does come first. I hope you have a good time at the birthday.
I think if it was me , i would go to the reunion . Because you can just go to your sister's house after the reunion is done . What is important is you went there to greet the two . They will understand .
@acelawrites (10624)
Much that I wanted to attend the reunion, my husband do not like it because our car is not that reliable for a long distance travel. I could not get a driver to drive for me and I do not go there on public transportation;it is so far.
@acelawrites Once you are used to travelling in your own car , you will find it already difficult to commute .
@epiffanie (8342)
If they are both important to me, I will probably attend to both for just a short period of time ..
@acelawrites (10624)
It could not be for a short period of time because the reunion will be held so far from us.The travel is so long.
@skysnap (17583)
Family function if I am expected there.
@acelawrites (10624)
Yes,they are expecting us to come.
@hereandthere (23075)
the only child might feel bad if his/her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins can't attend the surprise party he or she organized for his parents. maybe you can get in touch with your classmates and schedule a lunch or merienda, even if it's at the food court, for another day?
@acelawrites (10624)
It is a college organization involved in environmental concerns. They are from the different parts of the Philippines.
@shivamani10 (9973)
• Hyderabad, India
Move early. Attend the birthday party and wish the boy and tell about your appointment. They will definitely agree. Attend the college reunion . Any problem?
@acelawrites (10624)
The party is at lunch till late in the afternoon, coinciding with the reunion in another province, far from our place.
Family comes first for me. I hope it's the same for you.
@acelawrites (10624)
It has always been. I just get in touch with my organization friends on facebook.
@rina110383 (21957)
I'll attend the event where I confimed my attendance first.
@acelawrites (10624)
I conformed my attendance at my sister's birthday party.
@sol_cee (13226)
• Japan
From what I gather reunions are more tedious. Unless you really really wanna meet old folks from old time. lol
@acelawrites (10624)
Yes, and we have to travel far too, considering I could not go there by commuting.