Two crocheted dresses and hats

@rosekiss (30268)
Eugene, Oregon
As some of you know, I make baby items for those expecting. I love doing it, as God gave me that talent, and I want to use it from do good for others. I have made baby items for the same gal before, when she was pregnant with her son. She appreciated them before, and I hope that she does again. What do you all think? I have been crocheting for 50 years, and I am still learning. I am glad that I am able to crochet, and help others whenever I can.
Very very nice. So cute!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. They were easy to make, and did take s little time to get them done, and I am glad I did get them done too. Now, I can concentrate on the baby blanket, as I am not even halfway done yet, but getting there.
@rosekiss Please share the photo with us when you're done with baby blanket :) Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@itslikethistome I certainly will, as I am anxious to get it done too. I am almost halfway done, but it will still take time to finish, as once I whip stitch all the squares together, then there is a border to crochet as well. I am just hoping that I have it done in time for the baby shower. I am certainly going to try.
Those are pretty cool well done.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. They were easy to do too. I am working on a rose baby blanket, where I make squares, and then I whip stitch them together. There are 10 squares in each strip, and I have three strips done out of eight, so soon, I will be half done. It takes longer to whip stitch them together, than it takes to make each square. I am having fun making it though, and that is why I am not in here as much. Once I get it done, then I can be in here a little more.
@ShyBear88 (17538)
They look amazing. You have done well. I've been waiting to see what they would look like once you where done.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I haven't done a discussion for awhile, so that is why I decided to take a picture of them, so that I could make a discussion on them too. I am still working on the blanket, and once I get it done, I will post that as well.
@ShyBear88 (17538)
@rosekiss I look forward to seeing what the blanket looks like when your done.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@ShyBear88 I am lmost halfwa there, so hopefully, it won't take to much longer, as the shower be given in three weeks, and I want to have it done and not have to worry about being rushed to get it done. I think I can make it though, as long as I keep at it. I stopped for a bit to cxome in here and get my notificatio ns done, which are just a handful, then I will go back to working on it again.
My sister done this for many years.She made wonderful lace work.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have made lots of things as well. I have crocheted items out of crochet thread, but I prefer yarn, as it is easier to work with, and it doesn't take real small crochet hooks either.
@wittynet (4131)
@rosekiss, I think we used crochet thread when I was in high school. What is yarn? If I'll make cardigans and jacket, which is better to use? Yarn or crochet thread? Again, you inspire me to crochet again. Thank you!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@wittynet The baby dresses and the hats were done with yarn, which is what I use to make blankets and other baby items. Crochet thread is thinner, and I use that to make doilies, and tablecloths. I haven't made doilies in quite awhile though, as I prefer to use yarn which is easier to work with.
@rina110383 (24095)
Those are beautiful pieces! I wish I can crochet too.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
It isn't hard to learn. It does take lots of patience though.If I can crochet, anybody can. I didn't think I could either, but once I started to learn, it became easier and easier. I used learn how books, and taught myself. It is a gift that God has given , and I want to use it for his seri ice.
Those are adorable! You do have a gift!!!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have been crocheting for 50 years, and still, there is more to learn. I taught myself how to crochet when I was 18 years old. I have enjoyed doing it all that time too.
Awwww, these are so adorable and lovingly handcrafted! Hey, I haven't seen you around in a while (or maybe it's the timing thing) . . . hope your summer has been going well!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have been spending a lot of time away from here to si could work on the baby dresses. I am finsihing up a baby blanket this week, that needs to be done by next Sunday, for the baby shower. I will be back later though, when I get them all done. I am on a time crunch, so I figured I better get them done as soon as I can. You will see me a lot more this winter though, so don't worry, I will be around.
@rosekiss Ah, well you are very busy being productive with your projects! I know, real life takes over - but that's a good thing. See you when we see you . . . it's nice to know things are going well though. Best of luck in finishing the baby items!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@much2say I finally finished them all, and I just posted a discussion on the baby blanket a few minutes ago, and was commenting back to the responses I hot already. I will definitely be here more now, as I wanted to get them all gone first, and then I can relax. It does feel good to have them done, finally.
@Drosophila (16705)
the hats are sooo cute
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. I like the one at the top the best though, but they are both cute Hats take no time to do, as they are easy to do, and I can do more than one a day. I wish I could do the dresses that fast.
@Drosophila (16705)
@rosekiss ya the top one is very girlie.. I like the colour too
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Drosophila Actually, both are peach color but the light made them look they are a different color. I know she will like both of them, but I am sure she will like the top on better. They are both cute though, and easy to make.
• Pamplona, Spain
Oh beautiful. So very well done. I love things made like that they are very nice. I canĀ“t crochet like that but I always appreciate looking at items made whatever they are. Love it.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I love crocheting very much, and I also loom knit which is what I have been doing lately, as I am making hats and scarves for the homeless. I have sent one box out already, and working on another one. It gives me something to do, to pass the time. I really enjoy crafts basically, knitting and crocheting and some counted cross stitch.
• Pamplona, Spain
@rosekiss You are working on some more that is really good. I used to be able to knit I still can but I left it on one side ages ago.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@lovinangelsinstead21 I prefer crocheting over needle knitting, but I have started knirtting on a loom, which is lots of fun, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am loom knitting hats and scarves for the homeless. I have done one box already, and working on my second one. It passes the time, and is something that helps others as well.
• Midland, Michigan
What do we think about your crocheting in this way to help others out, or whether she'll be apreaciative of your efforts? Doing this as a way to give of your talents is a great idea just so long as you can afford it and it makes you happy. For me, I used to enjoy crocheting, but I know it would affect my hand joints adversly. I already could use new thumb joints, so I stay away from all of that these days. Twenty years ago, I did make a set for a girl at work, but my other co-workers paid for me to do that and we all went in on the gift. I made a granny-smith and another pattern combo. I can't remember the name of the other pattern right now, but I actually made up the pattern for a hat. The pattern included a blanket, booties and the saque, the little sweater thing for girls. It didn't include a hat and I put that together before the age of computers. I've thought of digging it out again and seeing if I could crochet it following my directions and if so see if I could make anything on that pattern. But all of that takes time. It looks like you're not around the site as much as you were before last fall. I used to see you out and about almost every day. I hope things are going well with you. (I saw your comment on another friends page earlier).
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am not here as much as I was, because I am trying to finish up the baby blanket for the baby shower coming up next Sunday. I will be in here much more after that though, as I won't be on a time crunch, and if I do decide to make something else, I can just take my time making it.
• Midland, Michigan
@rosekiss It's just weird. I saw your name everywhere when it was only the flower name. Now that we know your name to remember and recognize I barely see you. I do know how it is, though, when our world takes pre-eminence.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@MarshaMusselman I have been working on the baby things so I wasn't here all that much, as I was on a time crucnch, and now, that I have them done, I can spend more time in here. I will definitely be here as I like mylot to much to stay away completely.
Those are gorgeous. No reason why she wouldn't like those. Well done! You have a great talent.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for saying so. I should the picture to her husband, and he said they are very cute, so I know she will like them as she isn't hard to please at all, and I did make baby things for her before, when she was pregnant with her second son. She even posted a picture on facebook of him wearing them. They did fit him really good, and I am glad that she did like them too.
@rosekiss I'm so glad she likes the clothes you made her son and her husband likes these ones.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@just4him I am glad too, and I know that she will like these as well. I know that the shower will be a good time for all in attendance.
@salonga (27963)
She will surely love them, they are truly lovely!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for saying so. I think she will too. I love the look on her face when she opens things that I make for her. The look is priceless, and it gives me great pleasure to do it for her, and anyone else that is expecting.
@salonga (27963)
@rosekiss I love the hat the most.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
@salonga I like thre dress and hat at the top the best. They were both easy to make though, and I know she will like both of them. I wanted to make two different ones, so that they wouldn't be the same, and they sure arenn't She can choose which ones to put on the baby that way.
@wittynet (4131)
I love the first one! Wow! You're amazing, @rosekiss. I'm glad I find your post. You inspire me to pursue with my plan to make some crocheted cardigans and jackets with hood. I learned crocheting when I was in high school, but I never did it again for I didn't like it. Also, I wasn't aware we can make dresses, shoes, etc by crocheting.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
There are lots of crochet patterns out there, so you would have lots to choose from. The dresses were made from patterns in a baby book that I purchased at Joanne fabrics. It is a craft store that carries lots of yarn, and other things. to make different things, I love the store, and I never want to leave it when I am there, as I love looking to see what I can find to make.
@CRK109 (14459)
those are so beautiful! My mother used to crochet all the time. She made doilies and table cloths and bedspreads. I'm so glad that I have her things here with me. I crochet and knit but I've never made anything that I expect to be kept around for long! lol Of course, I guess we never know. Keep up the great work!
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I will continue to crochet as long as God gives me breath. I love to knit and crochet, although, I have crocheted much more than I have knitted. I taught myself to do both, as I learned them both at the same time. Crocheting is much easier for me, and it can be done much faster too. Right now, I am trying tok it socks and that is a challenge, but I am it going to give up, no matter how long it takes to girt them done.
They came out looking so beautiful and perfect! You did a wonderful job, Karen.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for saying so. I had fun making them, that is for sure. I am almost done with the balnket, which I will post too as soon as it is finished. I have to get id done before next Sunday, as that is when my ddaughter in law is having the baby shower. I am so looking forwaard to it too.
They look really pretty.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. They are both the same colore but when I took the pictue, the light made it look like they are a different color. I did enjoy making them, as I love doing for others, as it give sme great pleasure, and I do gain a blessing as well.
That is so lovely. And it's nice that you share your gift. Happy to see you back on here too.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
I thought I would come in and check on my notifications while I am taking a break from crocheting the baby balnket, shich I should have done before to long. I won't stay away from here permanently, that is for sure. I will be here from time to time to interact with all of you.