My Menu Plans for the Week of Thursday, August 4th, 2016

I'm in dire need of tightening the grocery budget. Everyone will tell you that the best thing you can do for your budget is to plan your meals ahead of time. So since I'm not the best at it, I'm starting small. I've planned this week's menu. Tonight (Thursday): A Chicken Croissant Sandwich (recipe for crockpot chicken cooked with cream cheese and ranch dressing.... I think I messed up & it is too cream cheesy, but that's ok) with a salad. Friday: Friday is always pasta night in our house. I think this week will be a simple spaghetti with olive oil & seasoning served with zucchini and or cauliflower Saturday: another friend recommended a cuban dish that is beans and rice served with a fried egg on top of it. Sounds interesting! Sunday: Pork Tacos Monday Italian Lemon Chicken and rice Tuesday: southwestern scrambled eggs Wednesday: Leftovers or pasta will be worked into the menu somewhere. If there is a night with leftovers, we will use them the next day and move that night's menu forward. Lunches: well, costco had two of our lunch staples on sale this week: mac & cheese and chicken nuggets. So we'll do that, some pb& j, and possibly ramen noodles. Breakfasts tend to be cereal, toast, or oatmeal. I have all i need for those.... I wasn't quite as good as I hoped at the store. i went hungry (big mistake). And I also didn't buy for the entire 2 weeks pay period. I'm sure I'll have to buy more at least fresh fruits.... my husband rebels if i don't have enough fresh fruit in the house. sigh.
I try to plan a menu for the week & it does help stretch the food budget since it eliminates getting fast food when I don't know what to cook
yes, though i'm a bit mad i planned forgetting my moms' night out tomorrow. i already thawed what i wanted to cook.... but i need to just make them pizza. i hope what i thawed is still ok (frozen black beans... should be ok)
your menu plans sound really good to me and really theres never too much cream cheese lollol
Good job planning everything out!
@Platespinner (16817)
I can't keep my family supplied in fresh fruit. It gets gobbled up almost as soon as I bring it home.
same here.... that's the big issue. or if i buy yogurt.... it's gone
• Eugene, Oregon
@jillybean1222 Costco has great prices on small Chobani yogurts.
@jillybean1222 I make my own Greek yogurt with a gallon of milk at a time. The kids then add their own fruit. We don't run through it quite do quickly that way.
• Eugene, Oregon
You sound pretty disciplined in that shopping and planning.
i'm trying
@ricki_911 (15862)
• Toronto, Ontario
I always find when I do plan then I get lazy or tired after work and mess it all up.
i do get tired, lazy, and sometimes i decide i'm NOT in the mood for what i plan
I need to come up with some better plans too
@tammys85 (7415)
You did good with planning out your menu! We need to start doing that more often.
I need to go do a big grocery shop soon and, I love fruit too.
@LoriAMoore (12212)
That's definitely something I need to do,
@RubyHawk (18960)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You're doing well, better than I am. I can't think of anything that sounds good. But I will put something together.
That's a great idea. I need to do a menu too.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are a staple at our house and they have to be bought several times a week. I hope you can stick to a budget.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh dear. I try to avoid grocery shopping while hungry. I've been good about eating at home more and eating out less recently. Trader Joe's is my friend.