Fresh darkness.

@xFiacre (10367)
Ireland
Another fresh darkness has fallen on my part of the world, though perhaps not on yours. It swept across France before it arrived here, always lagging a few hours behind the sun. It's good to let the eyes rest from the splendrous beauty of light for a while, from gazing on colour and moving forms. The eyes grow tired and weak from too much beauty and from deciphering words on a page, and soothing darkness is the only balm that can soothe world-weary eyes. Darkness and sleep.
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
we had a different kind of FRESH darkness when the power plant shut down and we were in Darkness for hours last night - its winter here, and with no heating in the homes, it was dark and cold but we all went to bed early and slept too
@xFiacre (10367)
@inlemay not a lot you can do other than go to bed when there's a power cut in winter.
@Inlemay (17323)
• South Africa
@xFiacre its the warmest of places, I did give a thought for all those that dont have the best bedding - it must have been a very long cold night for them
@ricki_911 (16669)
• Toronto, Ontario
I love watching the sunrise and sunset. But hate that heavy feeling over your body.
@franxav (3625)
Nature has provided things to give us rest.