Olympics Opening Ceremony Tonight

@moffittjc (44703)
Gainesville, Florida
The moment we've been waiting for arrives tonight! The 2016 Summer Olympics will officially kick off with the opening ceremony tonight, which is essentially nothing more than a parade of athletes. Are any of you planning on watching the opening ceremony in Rio? Although I plan to watch as much of the Olympic competition as I can over the next two weeks, I most likely won't watch the opening ceremony. Not that I have anything against it, but to me it's just a bunch of athletes walking around waving their country's flag. Woo-hoo, very exciting! Actually, the lighting of the torch is pretty interesting, so I may watch that, but then I'll move on to other things. It is, after all, Friday night!
@Platespinner (17047)
The parade of athletes is the long boring part, usually the show that the host country puts on is pretty impressive (except for Bejing, that bordered on scary!).
@moffittjc (44703)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's true, sometimes the ceremony is pretty impressive!
Well, after view so many Olympics, opening ceremonies included, I am kind of over the Olympics. Glad so many still enjoy watching, though.
@moffittjc (44703)
• Gainesville, Florida
I definitely don't get as enthused about the summer Olympics as I used to. There are a few sports (volleyball, gymnastics, swimming, and sailing) that I still enjoy watching, but I don't keep myself glued to the tv like I used to.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
I heard rumours that the opening ceremony will feature a squadron of mosquitoes flying in formation. I can understand why you will not watch that because you probably see this every day.
@moffittjc (44703)
• Gainesville, Florida
I will watch, because I want to see if the squadrons of Brazilian mosquitos are as technologically advanced as the American fighters...er, I mean biters!
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@moffittjc Maybe they will fly in a formation that spells ZIKA.
@moffittjc (44703)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Asylum I would be more impressed if they spelled the word CHIKUNGUNYA, another virus that is similar to Zika and also spreading like crazy right now.
@LoriAMoore (4681)
I saw a poll on Swagbucks and 63% of people said they weren't going to watch the Olympics and that it was "past its time." Sad.
@moffittjc (44703)
• Gainesville, Florida
Yes, I saw the same thing!