You don't like it, just skip it, as simple as that!!!

@chris2050 (1335)
Manila, Philippines
Mylot is a big community, there are people from around the world here. This website is a discussion website. the word discussion is "the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas". But it's also "a conversation or debate about a certain topic. It comes from the Latin "discutere" which means "investigate" So when you engage yourself in a discussion, expect people to disagree with you, because it's a debate, expect people to share their opinions, because it's a conversation, expect people to question you, and to doubt you, because it's an investigation. When someone post his discussion, nothing force you to stop by. But if you choose to stop by, don't complain that you don't like the discussion, and that you are tired of people talking about this topic. people are free to talk about what they want. if you see a discussion, and you don't like it, or it piss you off, or irritate you, just skip it, mylot has many discussionw being posted every hour. Don't stick around and complain, and if you don't want people to contradict you, then don't post a discussion, and don't participate. Hope it's clear!!!
Yes, but if you want to earn a lot of views and comments, post a discussion that you know will make people mad. When people respond, complain that they are ganging up on you. Tell individuals that they are responding emotionally. In other words, be as disagreeable as you like. I see many discussions I pass by daily. You are correct. If you do not like one, head on to another one, there is more where that one came from.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
So you mean it's just a strategy for some people to get some attention and obtain comments? Then if that's the case, then they got me more than once. Hahahahaha. But actually, what you are describing is what I kind of observed
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@Mike197602 (13899)
There are many discussions I skip as they hold no interest for me. Then there are others where I am interested in the topic but very strongly disagree with the opinions expressed there. Sometimes I'll go on there and it'll turn into a debate or even an argument. Other times I'm just not in the mood so I pass on by Quite often who has written it will be a factor in what I do.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
As i stated in the discussion, when you make a post here, expect either a debate, a conversation, or an argument. That one is for sure, and don't expect compliance of ideas, we are not in the Cathedral, and you are not the Priest. So in my opinion, your attitude is the normal attitude that everyone should have around here
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Indeed true. If you have nothing better to say, then shut up.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
Thanks
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
@sol_cee To agreeing on the fact that, it's better for someone who has nothing to say, just to shut up
But you seem to forget...just as they have to 'right' to post a discussion, others have the 'right' to complain. One 'right' doesn't cancel out the other 'right'. I complain, people complain about me, it's all part of the process.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
Well, if you put it in that way, I agree with you, one right doesn't cancel out the other right. But I think, if I don't like a discussion, honestly, I will spend my energy on that, I will just pass. Or if you choose to talk about Trump, and I have issues with that, then I will just post about Hilary. If you want to advocate for Homosexuality, and I have issues with that, I will just post about heterosexuality. As simple as that. Anyway, maybe it's just me
@jayaramas (1358)
• Bangalore, India
but i liked it!
@josie_ (7410)
Common everyday things and happenings are the safest to comment about. Unlike controversial topics in religion and politics where posing a counter opinion could quickly turn an objective discussion into an emotionally heated debate.
I think some one got me pissed for asking me questions that I wasn't prepared to answer simply because the person is atheist or something. I finally got mad and block the person and made post about it. Only to realize that it was my fault to even bother replying to that post.