Finally the video about TSU I was waiting for!

@sabtraversa (13331)
Italy
Yeah, sorry, I feel your pain in seeing another discussion about TSU, I know it's more boring than the Bible (didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just quoting another discussion ). First of all, I must tell you it's made by an Italian youtuber (Zeb89), so I guess most of you will have no interest in watching it. However the guy I'm talking about has over 250k subscribers on his channel and he was excited when TSU was launched. So he promoted it through his channel and he also managed to meet the owner Sebastian in person, who gave him the chance to sponsor the website on his videos. You could see a lot of implicit advertising, like the replacement of logos with the TSU logo (a case of "product placement"). Youtubers are webstars, therefore many people follow them on social networks, and TSU wasn't an exception. This youtuber was earning a lot from the site, also because he forced his subscribers to join TSU as he said he would have posted the updates about his channel right there. When you promote a site you must talk really nice of it, and he kept on stating TSU was the ultimate social network. However, suddenly, TSU was shutted down. Can you guess my hype in waiting for his video when I knew it? He looked veeery sad and disappointed, while I was scrolling down reading comments of people laughing of him because he praised TSU a few months before. The video consisted in personal opinions concerning the end of the site, which are: - Copyright infringements: TSU was the "far west" of copyright infringements; - Spamming: he states that 1/3* of the users were bots or human zombies who would just write random comments and like all the posts they could find, and there was a group of spam exchange as well; - 90% of revenues go to members: a big site like TSU required a lot of money to maintain itself, but if such a big share goes to the member, the site remains with little money for managing the host, server and domain costs. * Wow, it seems like we Italians probably love to say 1/3 of something and often abuse of it. From what he said, I think the site needed more employees, because it's hard to manage 5.2 millions of users and most of them aren't likely to help with reporting, because they're all part of the filth they're creating by themselves. Facebook has tons of staff members from around the world, for example. And that was all, thanks for reading! Oh wait, a question... As many people will continue to follow this youtuber, do you think it's right he'll be forgiven for inviting people to a site which has then failed? I think it's okay, we're all humans and we can make mistakes. It wasn't even his fault, after all. But at the same time he's getting a lot of insults because of this issue. I'm trying to make one discussion every two days but I don't like to force myself, glad I got a last minute inspiration. P.S. And yeah, sorry once again, for the long text.
• Guernsey
They should pull their anger out on the right people and not on that poor youtuber, I feel bad for him but then he should say thanks guys cuz' evfen if it's hate commments he still gets money for views haha Interesting topic you got there, have a nice day.
@sabtraversa (13331)
True, "haters" are still appreciated after all.
• Guernsey
@sabtraversa Yeah they should be like "Thanks for the money"
• Israel
I was on Tsu, for about 6 months, I thought that it was a good site, and I was surprised that it shut down. Maybe they got too much pressure from other social networks and there is lots behind the scenes that we don't know about. So don't go bashing too much.
@inertia4 (27713)
I was a member of TSU as well. I really did like it there. I was shocked to see they went under. But such is with many websites these days. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked. It was a nice site though. I currently use Qkadoo. And who knows if that site will last. I am a true loyal MyLotter. So I will stay here no matter what.
@sabtraversa (13331)
I sometimes think of Matesgate, your username sounds familiar. As the concept of TSU was similar I decided to avoid any kind of disappointments.
Never got the hype of that site. I hope mylot doesn't shut down
@kevin1877uk (36989)
I joined about 18 months and only a few months ago I started to post there, however not been there for about a month, So they have shut down now then.
@sofssu (14447)
I joined TSU last year.. but never liked it.. I stopped posting after a couple of weeks. People promote stuff for their livelihood..if we fall for their hype its our fault.
@EddieHands (37807)
I thought TSU could have been good in 2014. But now I see that site is not good at all! I do not miss it. I feel bad for this youtube guy was promoting it all over though! Blessings
• New Delhi, India
May be if I am in his place I will also do the same. We all don't know about the site and we are trusting each site. Sometimes the site which pays you also not legit. So be careful. I am feeling very sad for that guy.