If you have a chance to choose, would you consider living in a subdivision in row house or buy your own lot and build a house?

For me, I consider buying my own lot and build a house. The reason is, I will get a chance to design how my house will look like and be able to arrange its interior based on my preference. I will also be able to put fence the way how I want it to look like. Unlike living in a subdivision there are lots of limitations. There are even subdivisions that would not allow you to put a fence around your yard. You need also to pay for monthly dues. That's been my opinion. How about you?
I have bought a lot in a subdivision owned by Ayala Land and I can't wait to build my dream house there soon. Yes, we have to pay monthly dues, and we have to observe some deed of restrictions. However, I would rather pay monthly dues and be safe in a subdivision than live somewhere else where my family and my house could be endanger of robbery.
That's nice to hear from you. That's right either way, our priority is safety.
@ida123 (6283)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I also prefer to buy my own lot and build my own house with a fence so that bad elements can't penetrate immediately to our own dwellings.
Right, there arr row houses that will give you an option to have your own gate but then you will not have enough space.
@AkoPinay (10826)
Just like you I want my own lot too but it would be impossible in Manila I want to have a big farm/garden near the beach.
That's nice to hear . Hoping soon
@AkoPinay (10826)
@eliza_godinez12 I grew up and live by the beach but I do not own it.
@AkoPinay nice photo. .no worries time will come you will own that someday.
And in a sub division, most require you get get a permit to do many things too.
Yes. So true.
• Guernsey
For me it will be more fun and happiness buying my own like you. But for reality I'll go with what is less expensive
Yes, we're still looking for that such thing which we think we can spend less and save more.
I would want my own lot to build my house too.
Nice to hear that side from you. Thanks
• Calgary, Alberta
I live in my own farm now. I use to live in a condo in the city but I am so tired of a fast paced life. Now I am homesteading. No more office jobs for me.
@ebanreb (4747)
i prefer owning a lot and build a house on it. I will design my own dream house
Same here. Thanks
@ebanreb (4747)
@eliza_godinez12 my pleasure
@kepweng (6349)
in want to live in farms and rural area and if i have a chance in mars
I love to live in place far from cities, too.
@lokisdad (4307)
There are many places that have restrictions. Bigger population more comforts and also restrictions. I suppose it is all a matter of preference. We have a land deal package its not designed by us but it has everything we wanted so its a nice compromise.
That's so right.
@dgobucks226 (6718)
I have my own home now. Lot's of yard work and fixing all the time is no fun. Now, I would rather downsize and buy a townhome. Let someone else do the maintenance. Oh yes, it would have to be no further than 20 minutes to the beach, ha.
That's for sharing with us your thoughts.
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
I also want to have or own a lot and build my dream house on it. Hopefully someday.
Really nice to build our own house friend. Hopefully. Thanks
@acelawrites (10750)
You are right; you can have more freedom if you will buy your own lot then build a house; but if it is in a village or subdivision, you still have to follow some restrictions and pay the monthly dues for security.