Where did you go for your Honeymoon?

@CRK109 (14465)
When I married Britt (my late hubby), we didn't have a lot of money to spend, but we really wanted to get away for a little bit. So, with the help of some friends, we found a way to drive a few hours away from home and yet felt as if we were far, far away. We drove up to Maine. We went to Bar Harbor where we spent 2 nights and began our lighthouse tour. Dear friends had given us a book of all the lighthouses in Maine with driving directions to those that you could visit on land (so many more are way out in the water). After Bar Harbor, we drove to a quaint little town where we had our own private cabin on the water, and from there we could drive to many, many more lighthouses. It was so much fun and didn't cost much money at all. I recently found photos from that trip and they make me smile so much. Where did you go? -Claudia- photo is mine
Hi Claudia..sounds so lovely your honeymoon. I went for a late honeymoon in the Lake District of England years ago with my first hubby.
@CRK109 (14465)
Sounds like you enjoy being near the water, too! How are you doing? I haven't heard anything from you in ages. I hope things are going relatively well. xoxo
@CRK109 Hi Claudia..thanks my friend..I do love the water yes I do. Things are not so great my friend..lots of worry..Mom is doing well so far but...my other sis is being a royal pain. Hope all is well for you dear friend.
@CRK109 (14465)
@TiarasOceanView I'm so sorry things are still not going well in your life. It's been much too long. You definitely need a break. xoxo
My first marriage we had no honeymoon - got married and flew to FL - he was in the Navy and had school there for six weeks before being sent to Hawaii. My second marriage - we went to the Cayman Islands!
@CRK109 (14465)
I know a lot of military people and the story of your first marriage mirrors so many of their experiences. But wow, the Caymans! I don't know anyone else who has ever gone there! I'm very jealous!
@CRK109 we were warned how expensive it would be and it sure was.
Maine is beautiful and so is Bar Harbor! We flew to Bermuda for 10 days.
@CRK109 (14465)
Bermuda is so beautiful. I flew there once and cruised there a couple of other times. It was always wonderful.
@CRK109 We cruised to Bermuda out of NYC for an anniversary. It hadn't changed much since went for our honeymoon. It's such a clean, colorful, and pretty island with awesome beaches.
@CRK109 (14465)
@DianneN That's one of the things I've always loved about Bermuda - it never changes. They do a wonderful job of keeping the island clean and beautiful!
how wonderful that'cher friends were able to help ya out. i went to work 'fter i got hitched 'n the hubs went outta town fer 2 weeks 'n business. ne'er 've i been'n a honeymoon. so glad y'ave got those pics so ya can lovin'ly go back through time 't those happier days.
@CRK109 (14465)
I'm sorry the two of you never got a honeymoon. sometimes it's just nice to get away for a day or so.
@CRK109 oh, i aint saddened by such. jest aint got nothin' to write 'bout coz'f it, lol. yepperz, 't'd be nice to get 'way fer a few days. sadly there's nobody dependable/reliable to tend the critters.
@zarlamain (24525)
I'm not married. Seems like you had a very wonderful honeymoon!
@CRK109 (14465)
We just had a lot of fun and got to know each other in a different way. And at the end we kept wishing we never had to go back home! lol
@zarlamain (24525)
@CRK109 That is really cute! I'm glad you had so much fun!
@LeaPea2417 (20394)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is so nice that you got to visit Light Houses. I am a fan of Light Houses and wish I could visit more of them. My husband and I didn't have much money to spend. Also, we only had one day to celebrate our Honeymoon. So, we just drove to the town , Lavonia Georgia that is right down the road from our town of Toccoa Georgia. It was nice even if it was a short trip and not far off.
@CRK109 (14465)
I think it's wonderful that you were able to get away, even for a short time. Every newly married couple needs a little bit of time away from everyone and everything!
@LeaPea2417 (20394)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@CRK109 I agree :)
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
My husband and I haven't gone on our honeymoon. We got married almost 7 years ago, and at the time, we were in university and didn't have the money or the time to be able to. But we are trying to go turn it into a family vacation for next summer. We really want to take that trip, and since we now have kids, we'll turn into a family trip.
@CRK109 (14465)
Now that sounds wonderful! Have you made any decisions on where you'll all go?
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@CRK109 we've always talked about Prince Edward Island. It's the place we talked about going, even before we got married. So, we'll try to save enough to finally be able to do it next summer.
We were very young and poor and had to borrow my mother's car. We went to Vermont for two nights and I was sick as a dog with a cold. In those days stores were closed on Sunday so I had a hard time finding any medicine. Luckily we have had a second, third, fourth etc honeymoon. lol
@CRK109 (14465)
You poor thing. But it was still memorable! lol No one ever said honeymoons had to be perfect! And as you said, you have other memories, as well!
We went camping and did a little sight seeing and hiking
@CRK109 (14465)
That sounds like great fun!
We did not have a honeymoon. I had to go to work that Monday.
@CRK109 (14465)
Well that stinks!
We didn't have a honeymoon. We were struggling financially.
@CRK109 (14465)
I'm very sorry to hear that.
That sounds like you had a lot of fun on your honey moon. We went to Las Vegas and got married.
@CRK109 (14465)
Did you stay there long enough to gamble or see a show? I've heard that Vegas is a fun place to visit!
Lovely memories for you Claudia. I worked for a very rich man prior to my marriage and he loaned us his apartment in the south of France for our honeymoon. It was brilliant.
@CRK109 (14465)
Now that sounds amazing! What a wonderful thing for him to do for the two of you!
New York City where things comes alive
@CRK109 (14465)
NYC is a wonderful place for a honeymoon! Britt and I went there for a long weekend once and had the time of our lives. There is something for everyone there!
Memories of your honeymoon! You do go back to the good times of the past and it always rekindles love and how important your love for one another has kept you. Our first honeymoon was a week of out-of-town rural mountain resort.
@CRK109 (14465)
That sounds lovely! Mountain resorts are wonderful and I'm sure you had a great time!
@UncleJoe (9942)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
As far as I know, Becky and I are still on our honeymoon.