Domestic Violence is NO JOKE :{

@sugartoes (41168)
Greencastle, Indiana
I know what it feels like to be in a domestic violent relationship as I was in one till I learned how to get out of it alive. I lived 4 yrs in one so it's not something ANY ONE should live with or be in no matter what the problem is to deserve this. I happen to find a video on this matter so I thought I'd share a little piece of it with you & HOW this is NOT the way to live in a relationship no matter what or who it is. I know how hard it is to be in one & how hard it is to get OUT of one, it's not as easy as someone would think it is as there's a LOT to be said on this matter & how it effects the person that's in it. I'm not just talking about one side or the other but on BOTH sides men & women that lives in one or has been in one. Please this is something that needs to be watched & talked about to help those that's in or BEEN in one to help them in learning how to live a different life that's NOT abusive :>} This video don't have the abuse on here but it DOES have how one survived the abuse she was in by her husband that was a truck driver that KIDNAPPED HER & beat her in the truck after he took her across state WITH HER daughter :{
http://www.democracynow.org - Just days after a Utah police officer shot dead his wife, two kids and his mother-in-law before killing himself, a new HBO docu...
@inertia4 (27688)
This is horrible. This country is so backwards when it comes to domestic violence. No woman nor man should ever have to endue any of that abuse. The pictures of that woman in this video are horrible and sad. The laws suck and need to be revamped.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@inertia4 it was very shocking to SEE & HEAR what this person went through no doubt & your right the laws SHOULD be changed & more severe to the point where they don't just get a SLAP on the wrist for their actions can you imagine what this person is dealing with?
@inertia4 (27688)
@sugartoes Exactly. Women and children seem to take most of the abuse in these horrible cases. So sad. I know some men are abused as well. And the same thing for them. First and foremost, no one should be hitting anyone else. That is just plain stupid and ignorant. If someone hits you they are showing you how dumb and stupid they are. They are also showing us how insecure they really are as well. If people cannot settle things with words, there is no hope.
The laws don't work on either side. It's too easy to accuse an innocent person without evidence, but at the same time it's too hard to prosecute someone that is actually hurting people.
@koopharper (6311)
Heart breaking story. I know several women who've been in abusive relationships. Two I know got out but it wasn't easy.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@koopharper NO it's not a easy thing to do & harder when you have KIDS how are they now that they got away from them??
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@koopharper HOLY COW that's a really bad ordeal she was in, thank God you were there for her. This is what I was talking about the effect's & how hard it is for people to get OUT of a bad ordeal as this, when I was in one I went on a drinking path & lost all 3 of my sons over it cause I couldn't deal with what I was going through & I gave them up for adoption. one to a real close friend & the other 2 out to the welfare system back in the 70's. I have found to 1st (2) but not the 3rd one yet. BUT I'm pretty sure he's doing as great as the 1st 2 are well I HOPE he is. neither one of them want anything to do with me cause I gave them up as if I didn't love them when I did is WHY I did it. I tried to explain it to them & they didn't see the point or the reason & didn't really care :{ so I just go through life KNOWING I have 3 kids but can't have anything to do with them it hurts me.
@sugartoes That must hurt a great deal. Forgiveness doesn't always come easy and understanding is even a tougher one. I'm glad you're in a better place now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
For some, it's hard to escape because they might be financially dependent on the abuser. It's a terrible situation.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TheHorse your right & some are just too scared & don't have a place to run to
• Pleasant Hill, California
@sugartoes Sigh. I was listening to case like this in group supervision today and just shook my head. My colleague who works with her is frustrated. He's been arrested for beating her, and she won't leave him. Hes out of the house, but she still sees him.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TheHorse see that's what I'm talking about this is why it's HARD for cops to get involved cause of the way people are in these types of love hate relationships it's slap azz CRAZY I know :{
@Daljinder (21701)
No it definitely is NOT a joke!!! It's difficult to witness it and not able to help. I can't even even imagine how it is to be stuck in that situation.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder well I can tell you it takes a lot of courage & faith that your life means a lot to fight for it no matter what it takes in life.
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I agree domestic violence is no joke and needs awareness brung to it. I haven't been in a physically abusive relationship so I cannot relate. But I know some that have. I hear more and more cases about it everyday.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marie42 it's nothing to be laughed at that's for sure, it's dangerous & very harmful for the one receiving the abuse life mind emotions & every other way
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@sugartoes so very true.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marie42 I ought to know as I have been in one but I managed to get out of it & recover from it
@zarlamain (25132)
Domestic violence is a serious issue around the world. I am proud of you for getting out of one successfully.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@zarlamain yes it is a very serious issue, & thank you for your concerns on this.
@zarlamain (25132)
@sugartoes Yes, it really is. Your welcome.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 (20436)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Sorry you went through it. I can't watch the video. I'm too sensitive to this subject. It also brings back unwanted memories of my own past since I too was in a bad relationship for 6 years. People who think it's fine to torture another person physically or emotionally are just scum!
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13I can understand that I won't hold no grudge. I agree with you on the last part though
@nanette64 (17697)
• Fairfield, Texas
An outstanding video @sugartoes . I took back my power when I shot and killed my abuser. I didn't go to prison but was sentenced to 5 years probation and that's only because the DA talked the (female) judge into it. She wanted me "hung on the courthouse steps".
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 GOOD for YOU that's the SAME THING I would have done he deserved what he got & a lot dame sooner than he got it I'm PROUD of you it's a shame the LAW don't see what we go through on WHY we do what we do
@HazySue (21853)
@sugartoes I've been there too. It is a dangerous, frightening position to be in. You are scared to try to get away and scared to stay. Thank you for sharing this.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue you welcome, I know what you mean as you dame if you do & dame if you don't but you have to do something or risk your life in one :{
@HazySue (21853)
@sugartoes I think the thought of being harmed if they try to leave and the thought of being harmed if they stay paralyses some women.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue your so right BUT here's the thing IF MOST if not ALL of them would THINK on HOW to leave god would open the door to help them leave like he did me when I was in my relationship.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thats just horrible, im sorry you had to do go through that for 4 years
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@BACONSTRIPSXXX yeah well S_____T happens but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that no more.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@sugartoes yeah, glad you overcame all that emotional and physical stress
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@BACONSTRIPSXXX sugs I'm a fighter as you can tell so it was either get out of it or die & I wasn't ready to die yet.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
Oh its. Really pathetic, we have to stop this from now..
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@kamruzzaman5ndc yes it is, it's not right or fare to either party in a abusive relationship
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
I'm sorry to hear that you lived such a bad experience. No form of abuse is okay.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Lady_Justice your right & I'm fine, I made it through the faith & will of god above to be where I am today from it all thank you for your concerns on this.