Do you need to pay to watch movies on amazon?

I have prime and registered my roku device last night. it asked me for my card info and I could not figure out why. It said if I wanted to buy movies or something else. I thought movies were free with prime. By the time I was done reading through all that stuff I still could not figure it out. Thanks if you know anything. Good day.
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
Yes there are free movies and TV series.. But, some you have to pay for as well. Also some of the series on there, you can only watch up to so many seasons, then you have to buy the rest. Which makes no sense, because your paying for a subscription. You would think all of it would be free. If I remember right, the newer movies that just come out you have to pay for, the older one's most are free. But, it may have changed since I been on there :)
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@sharon6345 I hope so too.
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
They do charge for some of the movies and shows, separate from the ones on Prime. They're usually the newer movies. But I didn't know you had to put that down immediately, just when you went to rent or buy one that wasn't on Prime.
Oh thanks Sue I will go back and try to figure it out.
@skysnap (18039)
Amazon Video is paid as far as I know. I am guessing they do have some free hours in offer sometime back.
@skysnap (18039)
@sharon6345 yes some shows are expensive. and some old movies too.
@skysnap I see there is no real reason for me to pay though.
@skysnap (18039)
@sharon6345 yes you can watch on youtube if it's under youtube RED sub.
I know noting about it but I would not pay anything to them.
@akalinus (21259)
Prime already has the credit card. I won't pay for movies but you have to if you want the good ones. I resent them having my card even though I am not buying anything more.
I a not buying anything either. I have hulu and netflx that is good enough for me.
@akalinus (21259)
@sharon6345 I might not sign up again but I think they just renew it on your card. I hope I get a chance to cancel it.
@akalinus Yes I hope they renew mine I like the prime but not the movies.
I decided to not continue my free trial of Amazon Prime and I never had time to watch movies when I had it. My friends have it and when we watch movies through it it does have a free section. I guess the credit card info is just in case you go to buy something you don't have to stop and add in all of your info. Instead, they will already have it on file.
Ok I checked it out and I don't find it worth my time. I love prime though.
@tech40 (9748)
If you're a prime member you're eligible for amazon instant video for free.
I was asked for payment for the movies I wanted to watch. I moved out of that service to hulu.
@jobelbojel (8224)
Oppps! I don't know anything about this since we don't have amazon here in my country. We can access the site but it is not for us. But you did the right thing. I would never ever provide my card information online.
• New Delhi, India
I only watch movies in Cinema Hall and rest I am continuing with my sleep.