Why do they call you that?

@ElicBxn (60016)
As I've expressed, we kicked that bad roommate out last year and I've called her "DD" for Dumb Donna ever since. And, yes, I've made an exception about naming her even though she isn't dead - yet - because she's dead to us. However, the neighbor across the street from the roomie's folks is called "Didi" by the kids who were playmates of her daughters. Now, "Didi" has nothing to do with her real name... so, where did she get this nickname? I can sort of understand when someone has a less than wonderful name, for example the roomie's a-hole brother. Some gal in school started calling him "BJ." Now, maybe it was from "BJ" on M*A*S*H, or maybe not... I don't know. Because he's an a-hole, I will happily call him by his real name, even though I think it is a pretty stupid name, because it bugs him. The fact is that her father just HAD to name all the kids after himself, and since "BJ" was the second son, he gave him his middle name as his first name, but never let them use the "diminutive" of said name. The first son and the first grandson got granddad's first name, but that middle name, might've been okay back in 1938, and in New York state, but not so much growing up in Texas. And, yes, the roomie, even though she is female, ended up with the female form of the name for her middle name. She hates it. I don't think its the reason he's an a-hole, but it probably didn't help any if he hated his name... I can't say I'm extremely fond of my first name - my real first name, but at least it isn't stupid sounding, although it doesn't make a good "Name Game" name. I kind of wish I knew why she's called "Didi" but since I'm unlikely to run into her unless she contacts me about another kitten, I don't think its going to be anytime soon.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search This article is about the song. For the word games, see word chain and Shiritori. For the American Horror Story: Asylum episode, see The Name Game (American Horror Story). "The Name Game" Si
Surely, it will be nice to find out the history behind one's name no matter how unflattering some are.
@ElicBxn (60016)
My real name is in the Bible, but my parents didn't know that when they picked it. They picked names so that we wouldn't be named after anyone in the family.
@ElicBxn sounds like a plan.