Gibson Inn...

Jacksonville, Florida
Here is another painting that my did of the Gibson Inn, located in Apalachicola, FL. I hope you like this. I posted one of a ship, and got very little interest. So hopefully, this is more to your liking.
need to post more, a memory of your dad painting it, did you ever visit, what you think of the painting, something for us to comment too
Good Idea...thanks. I think my last post, did a little of that... Many of these painting, I was not around when he painted them, but do know of what the painting is about. So I appreciate the feeback.
@teresatrotter anything with them gives them an edge, or you could even say, "my favorite part of this one is the red car, you remember when those cars were all the rage?" anything really to give people an easy way to respond
@rina110383 (24135)
I love all the paintings of your dad. My siblings also love to paint and I really like looking at paintings because I can't paint one. I can't even draw. What kind of materials did your dad use in all his paintings?
Oils and canvas.
@anniepa (27236)
That's a very beautiful painting. It looks like it's a beautiful place in an absolutely gorgeous location. Thanks for sharing this with us.
That area is a nice little town.
@Teep11 (7049)
Nice painting. Lots of talent display there.
Thank you...
@inertia4 (27651)
This one is just as amazing as the rest. And the time period must be the 20's. it does depict the sensation of the time. I bet you have these paintings all hanging in your home.
No. He sold them all. He gave me a few for my birthday, but when I lost all my material possessions, I lost them as well. I cried a lot. My dad is up in years, and does not want to paint anything but religious stuff. So I have to settle for digital prints. One day...if I ever get more than a one room place, I want to get some of these enlarged, and hung up.
@inertia4 (27651)
@teresatrotter Oh. So most of these images you post are from digital pictures. Okay. But at least you have them in image form. I hope you can get a bigger place.