Emancipation of Woman

Google Doodle of Womans Day in SA
@Inlemay (16559)
South Africa
"We burnt the Bra We took a stand We told the men to hold our hand . . . dont walk in front dont push and shove strive for acceptance and equal love! " ~ Lany Olivier Today marks the 60th Anniversary of Woman's day in South Africa when on 9 August 1956, more than 20 000 "South African women of all races staged a march on the Union Buildings in protest against the proposed amendments to the Urban Areas Act of 1950, commonly referred to as the "pass laws". The march was led by Lilian Ngoyi, Helen Joseph, Rahima Moosa and Sophia Williams." The day was declared a National Public holiday in 1994. Good Morning everyone, today i dedicate this post to all the woman in my country who have taken the stand, worked hard, gone the extra mile to emancipate the woman and secure their equal rights and to remove gender discrimination from laws, institutions, and behavioral patterns. It is still a work in progress and I am sure that in many other countries around the world, this is a struggle as well. I would love to hear everyone's views - leave your calling card as I am off to play a WOMAN'S day Lawn Bowling Tournament. my picture is from the Google Doodle this morning celebration Woman's day in SA - I love it that Google acknowledged special days all across the world in each country's Google search - aint that the cutest?
@xFiacre (4454)
@inlemay Can men join in?
@Vivenda (588)
• Portsmouth, England
@xFiacre As far as I'm concerned, as long as you burn your bras first!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@Vivenda well said!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
I concur with Vivenda - burn your bra first
We are lucky to be emancipated, but there are still places where women are regarded as second class citizens, the property of men. Have a good day bowling.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
we are lucky - the world will always have those places where woman will be held back for fear of them being the leaders
@ison_1 (1252)
Hi Lany :) Here is my calling card. Hope you have a great day at bowls.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thank you for your calling card - they help tremendously - that way i get back to you when i have a chance - Happy Thursday - over to you now to see if you have left me a nice photo or something to read . . .?
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
It is mentioned that need equality these days.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
its not about equality - we always carry more weight (ha ha ha) its about being acknowledged for our worth that we want
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay I have just noticed the autocorrect has changed my response. I actually wrote that "men" need equality.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@Asylum or maybe your auto correct was reading your mind and omitted the men and used mentioned just like that
I hope that you are having a wonderful day Lany.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
thank you Marie - i am off to read your weeks things
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
You had to spoil it by mentioning the women only thing didn't you!!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
Ahhh - there is nothing nicer than a women only thing that the men love . . .
Very awesome and, happy emancipation day.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
ha ha - thank you fella - its a HOLIDAY so that in itself is a little bit of freedom - have a great evening and enjoy RAW
I agree in concept, could never burn a bra, unfor need the dratted thing!
@gudheart (12752)
Have fun at the bowling tournament :D we should have more celebrations like that here.
@LoriAMoore (4792)
Happy Women's Day!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
We had a great day - thank you
@Vivenda (588)
• Portsmouth, England
Over here I'd say that, although we've won equality to some degree, we haven't always been in a position to claim it!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
And also some woman dont want to claim it, because with it comes responsibility as well
'tis a cute pic :) i'm kinda saddened to know 'tis been 60 years 's i know such's still a struggle fer many'n yer country...'s well 's 'cross the globe. bite-sized pieces i reckon, i hope that such 'comes the norm, the hardships'f the past a distant memory. equality should be fer all.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
I dont think woman will ever be truly appreciated for their worth in this world - but we will strive to present our case daily!
@SophieY (857)
• South Africa
YES YES YES
It is a cute doodle. We're still striving for complete women's rights here, though we have come a long way baby, as the slogan says. I'm waiting for the day we have equal pay for equal work.
@IreneVincent (16025)
It seems like women have had to struggle for equal rights in MOST countries and are STILL struggling for the most part. Thanks for letting us know about this anniversary in South Africa.