Trolling

@UncleJoe (10871)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
After responding to what appeared to be an interesting post the other day, I was stunned that my reply was met with such hostility. Because I didn’t agree with the original poster I was met with name calling and allusions to my senility. I simply chalked it up the the person’s ignorance and brushed it off. Yet, I noticed that no matter how many disagreed with the poster, yet were in complete agreement with each other that something was fishy. This poster was not here to discuss. Instead, they did the same thing to other responders. Instantly disagreeing and calling them unjustified names. Apparently, that person is a troll. Someone not looking for truthful discussions but just fishing around trying to get people to respond and make them a target for their insults. This is the only way some folks can get the attention they crave because they have no real or online friends. Don’t let them waste your time.
@cindiowens (3937)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Glad I missed that one!
@vandana7 (67681)
Me not too sure..
Thank you for the warning. Have not run into this pitiful person with low self-esteem, but will be prepared now.
Glad I didn't come across it. If I had, I would have reported them and blocked them ASAP!
Those mean trolls must have nothing better to do than to annoy everyone . It must be a sad hobby of theirs and they probably have no life.
@bunnybon7 (37425)
• Holiday, Florida
i totally agree and wonder if this is the reason for the recent post by goaskalex
@LoriAMoore (4684)
I think I know the post to which you are referring. A controversial topic meant to troll and garner a lot of responses.
net trolls are just bullies, dont feed the trolls,
@vandana7 (67681)
I don't like missing such things...for the simple reason that I get to know something about how things are thought about, and who is thinks like me. But may be I would not have joined the troll anyway either side..
Yes, people will and can do anything they think will get them ahead when in realty they are falling further behind. We all like some attention, but there are ways to do it.
• New Delhi, India
I didn't have friends too
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
I might take the time to report and block them, and that's about it. I notice so much trolling at youtube. If I had a channel there, I would be tempted to close comments. I'm sorry to hear that b.s. even goes on here.
I would report the and let Alex deal with them. I don't think I have encountered them yet!!
When someone will reply to me in such a way and call me names i will surely hit the report button .
@Platespinner (17062)
I managed to miss that one!
@grvdubey11 (1882)
When someone posts a discussion then she/he should be ready to face comments of disagreement. If everybody agrees with everybody then what is the fun in having discussion. However trolls bait us as they want to fight, so the best thing is that the moment someone gets personal one should leave that discussion and avoid that person, further discussion in such cases is waste of time.