trying my hand at a NEW project

@sugartoes (39215)
Greencastle, Indiana
Well folks I have got my appt to (TALK) to the specialist Monday about what to expect & what to do & not to do before & after surgery, so I'm writing everything down. that I can think of to be covered & I have some extra help along the way from everyone here & other places. Thank you all for your help & concerns & prayers But now lets get to what this topic is about shall we ?? I just done me a wood burning project since it's LATE & no one can disturb me while I work this is my 1st one. This is just a START of what I'll be doing after I get back on my feet again along with some other stuff to show you all but I'll be the 1st to tell you after I have my surgery it will be a few days or weeks before i get back on here K? I'm hoping that after the 4th like the 5th or so say we'll be doing this & getting it done & over with before WINTER & be back where I need to be by then which isn't FAR.
my 1st wood burning sign I made that turned out pretty good
@responsiveme (14461)
that was a good project. Good luck to you and prayers are with you.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@responsiveme thank you, I thought since I couldn't really sleep I'd try my hand at it since I had the wood that was gave to me to see if I still had it in me to do something so NOW that it turned out good I have OTHER plans I want to do I just got to find the RIGHT photo I want to do one on which is a Eagle I did one time.
@sugartoes Do you like to do birds ?
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@responsiveme yeah I do, I like doing crafts of all kinds really. why?
@HazySue (19945)
@sugartoes my thoughts and prayers will be with you. It looks like a nice project. Good luck.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue thank you dear as I do keep my mind busy where I don't really try & think about it too much cause it just wears me down to thinking all the BAD stuff about it.
@HazySue (19945)
@sugartoes that's pretty much what I do. I keep myself busy so I don't have time to think about bad things and dwell on them.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue yeah there's no sense in that huh? when there's SO MUCH more we could be doing to waste our time
@CRK109 (14421)
Love your wood burning sign! You did a great job!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@CRK109 Thank you how you like the 2 bullets holes in the one birds wings I'm THINKING of panting it with a little dab of red for blood like to give the effect
@CRK109 (14421)
@sugartoes I'm not much for killing birds, but if that's something that you enjoy, I say go for it!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@CRK109 NO that's not what I'm saying think about the wording K? then think about what the birds STAND for look at it again. with all the killings & shooting going on now?
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
You will be missed while your gone ;) cool on the project!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marie42 I hope not to be gone TOO LONG but it all depends on how the surgery goes & all you know? I'm gonna try & have enough on here for you to read up on so you won't miss me too much I just won't be up to answering them back till I can get on my feet again but I'll BE BACK Thank you I thought it was a nice project to try on since I couldn't sleep but yeah it turned out really good didn't it ? I'll be doing more after I get healed up where I can work more at what I enjoy doing.
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@sugartoes Hey, that is what it's all about. Doing what you love to do! then, I guess I will be reading and commenting on your posts for when you get back :)
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marie42 ha ha ha I have enough to read from that's for sure & I'll be writing up some more before I go in too so that will keep you busy too.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
best wishes for you
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
@sugartoes WELCOME
@VivaLaDani13 (17736)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Looks really good!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 yeah I thought it turned out REALLY good for a 1st timer job.
That it really good. And you will be back on your feet soon after the surgery.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Susan2015 I thank you for the compliment on the job I done & I SURE hope so cause I really HATE being down for TOO LONG.
That turned out really great! I hope you'll be back on your feet sooner than expected.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I will do my best to be back & on here as SOON as I can thank you I'm glad you like it
My mother created quite a few things years ago doing wood burning. It is neat. I have never tried it.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@shaggin you ought to try your hand at it if you want I can send you some video's on it
Looks like a great project to be working on. I never did anything with wood burning
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marilynda1225 thank you it's really not hard to do once you take time to learn the tips & what they can do & how to design the wood like you want take a coloring book & find a picture & put a piece of carbon paper on it' & trace it out on to the wood & that it or there's OTHER ways you can do it too I just HAPPEN to have the cut out of a dove I used for that one & flipped it' to have 2 of them
@sugartoes i hope the surgery goes well, and i will be waiting for you to come back. I think your wood burning is beautiful you obviously have a talent!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marty1 thank you yeah me too, as I really DON'T like the idea BUT we gotta do what needs to be done to keep kicking right? ha ha ha thank you again for the compliment on the wood burning I did too I wouldn't say I have a talent for it it's just something I like to do I was thinking of putting just a DAB of red paint where the holes were to make it look like blood to give it that effect you know??
It will nice when you are able to continue on with your projects after the surgery. Praying for all going well and a speedy recovery too!
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 OH god yes & I sure can't wait either cause HOPEFULLY everything that I'm TRYING to get done B-4 that time I HOPE will be DONE so by the time I get back on my feet again I can get started
This looks like a very nice project. I am sure that you will be able to work on it sooner than you can imagine.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck I don't have much more to do with it it won't take long to finish it before I can jump on another one to show you all how it turned out as well.
@koopharper (6289)
I have a wood burning set somewhere and like to work with it. Most of my wood burning now is the variety that keeps the house warm. I'll get to explore that medium more in the future. Nice work by the way.
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@koopharper thank you, yeah it's been awhile since I pulled mine out & I had a piece of wood gave to me so I thought I'd try my hand at it to see how it would turn out I just need to stain or put the finish on it to give the look I want & put something on the back for it to hand on the wall
@kuloboyo (75)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
thats good ,, and i hope your project are success,, i so will doing my new project, a psychologys project,, like a development of life quality,,
@sugartoes (39215)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@kuloboyo that's great, maybe you can share it with us here. I see your a new one on here glad to see you on here have fun.