i did say in

When I ordered my skinny hazelnut latte I definitely asked for it to drink in. They made it up in a take-away disposable {but not recyclable, Costa ... shame on you} cup and now I'm sitting here, enjoying the ambience whilst one of the staff members glares at me occasionally. One of the other staff members has a very loud voice and is regaling his customers with a variety of drinks and snippets. How the Girl Staff failed to hear his brash tones when he relayed my request to her, is a trifle perturbing. Mayhaps she needs her ears looked at. There is nobody interesting in here today. I'm in the corner enjoying the view of three older men sitting alone {@xFiacre, is that you there, on your laptop!?} and a lady having a natter with another lady. There's an awful lot of newspaper reading going on. Apart from the disposable cup fiasco the only exciting thing that has occurred this morning involved me being able to nibble on a little piece of cake, which was on the counter to try for free. Breakfast sorted. Yum.
• Uzbekistan
Beverages in porcelain cups taste better, don't they?
YES! I would have asked to change the container.
@xFiacre (6084)
@maluse I always make a fuss if I'm offered a paper cup. I usually point out that I'm an adult and I'm not going on a picnic.
They definitely do. I do often ask for it to take away because I have buses to catch, but if I'm sitting in the establishment I definitely want a proper cup!
My Mom has a very loud voice and my ears try to protect themselves avoid to listen to everything she says. May be this is what happened this morning and you got a horrible take away disposable cup.
@ladyduck I tend to have a loud piercing voice that I can't help I don't even realize i am talking loud except for my sister telling me to lower my tone. It is never said anything in a mean tone, so, i am not screaming mean things it is just i am loud. I can't help it! It is never raised in malice though
@Marty1 Also my husband has a loud voice, but he never scream mean things. When he is too loud, I tell him to lower his tone.
@LadyDuck That is what my sister tells me and i never scream mean things either unless to myself when i do something stupid and have an accident =)
@xFiacre (6084)
@poppylicious I may well have been me. My problem with Costa is that they serve their Earl Grey tea in a tall glass which im sure will topple over and it makes me nervous.
Costa's tall glass cups are quite sturdy. I haven't knocked one over, yet!
@xFiacre (6084)
@Poppylicious That's encouraging to know. But do you think tea in tall glasses isn't a bit too girly for a man?
@xFiacre Not at all ... embrace your feminine stereotypes!
@skysnap (18229)
I usually walk while drinking and see new stuff on the park.. or on road.
I prefer to sit. I always worry that I'll drop my drink or not pay attention to what's going on around me!
@skysnap (18229)
@Poppylicious yes sitting can be good too.
I hate it when I get an away cup when I am drinking in. I do enjoy getting a sample however, what kind of cake was it?
It was a marshmallowy chocolate type thing. It was yummy.
@WorDazza (10089)
• Manchester, England
Gotcha! You work at the same place as me don't you. You are the phantom cake nibbler of our works canteen!!
Yep, you got me! :)
@sishy7 (27592)
Sometimes when I people watch I also wonder if the people I see is a myLotter too - especially the ones who I remember are from the area...
The chap on the laptop may have belonged to another site and somewhere there's a post about a young {haha} lady supping her drink from a takeaway cup when she's clearly sitting in!
@poppylicious what does a skinny latte mean? I hear skinny being referred to these fancy drinks but was wondering what made it skinny? What other terms do they use to describe their lattes? I never heard of Cosa. We have a Starbucks on every street corner, and I admit I never went into one before because I don't drink that kind of beverage! I also would not pay the high price of the beverages that I hear they have! I could buy a whole jar of coffee and get many cups out of it if I drank it for the price of one cup of coffee at a coffee shop!
Costa is the main competition for Starbucks here in the UK. We have both and they tend to be more or less next door to each other. There's also usually a Café Nero hanging around too! A skinny drink is one made with skimmed milk rather than whole or semi-skimmed. I have a card which gets scanned every time I buy a drink and I like saving all my points up so I can splurge once in a while!
@Poppylicious When you save up your points do you get something more expensive in this splurge that you normally would buy? I never heard of semi-skimmed milk! I think calling it a skinny because of skimmed milk is rather a clever play on words!
@Marty1 No, I just get what I always buy. I'm not very adventurous! Is semi-skimmed low or reduced fat milk, possibly? Maybe 2% milk. You American folk, always being awkward and having different terms for things!
Cool. Free breakfast! You are set for the day!
I was ... it kept me going nicely till lunchtime. :)
@LoriAMoore (4668)
They don't have Costa where I live but I visited one once in Guernsey and it was nice.
Costa is British, I think, but just like Starbucks. Some establishments are nicer than others.
@simone10 (21646)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Shame on the employee who was glaring at you. It's not your fault that your order was not correct.