No more furniture in my mother´s house.

Chile
After some months, there is no more furniture at my mother´s house. All of if has been given away, mostly among the close family. My brother has not asked much what to do with many things. I am resented but think that the best way is to look at the plant. I will not fight over a sofa or a painting. After all this is done, the house will be sold. There, too, my brother will hand me my part. I will not check if he is right. Unfortunatly, all this that began before my mother was taken ill, has separated us. I feel that nothing will mend it. And I´m not sure that I care any more.
Sorry to read about this.
Fortunatly, I have lots of very good friends. Blood related people are not always the ones nearer to your heart.
@Beatburn (3912)
Would it be possible for you to talk about it?
I am not interested anymore. The moment has passed. I want to sell my house (2 houses away from theirs) and go elsewhere.
@Beatburn (3912)
@marguicha It's just the way it is then.
@Beatburn That doesn´t mean I won´t see him again. But I will not be begging for more attention and love.
I think your idea of not making a big deal about any inheritance is the right way to go. Peace over power.
I want to chose this moment to fly away. I want to sell my house and go elsewhere. My closest friends (my adoptive family I call them) tell me I should buy near them.
@marguicha Yes, I often want to just leave all behind and live elsewhere. My dad, age 95 is here and our only child, our son, and is wife, so being far from them would be hard for me.
@Corbin5 I don´t mean to leave the city. But I live 2 houses aways from my brother and that is toxic.
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Too bad, I hope you and your siblings will be able to meet in the middle. I'm so sorry you are not close after losing your mother.
THere are many things involved in all these sibling situations. I was my father´s favorite and I suppose he resented it.
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@marguicha That sometimes happens.
yes,it is sad.Greed is the word for many in a situation like this.
This is not even about greed. He has not taken much for him, but has given things away to cousins without asking me first. I think it is about power.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
Maybe it will heal with time. It is too bad people fight over 'stuff" like that. My mother has gone through the house and marked who she wants to have what. She has also been slowly giving away things so there won't be so much to determine when they pass
In this right moment, I am not wanting to let him slap me on the other cheek.