Here's a simple poem, what is it about?

@sabtraversa (13362)
Italy
The poems I used to write were slightly more complex and I didn't care much about the way they sounded or rhymed. This is my first attempt with something simple, after years of artistical inactivity. There's a lady down the street I sometimes get to see. I get to see her every day, but she often walks away. She carries a sack of candies but I've never tasted any. I saw some people eating them but they never told me how they were! Then a man came and said if you want one you have to pay. Now I collect pennies on the street, oh candy lady, one day we'll have to meet. So, what is this poem about? It's very easy, it's a common subject in art. @moffittjc got it right, the subject was "death". Then feel free to tell me what you think about it, this is probably the first and last poem I'll post here.
@louievill (20362)
You should give us a clue everytime someone posts or replys, what type of art is it a subject? Visual arts? Music? Cooking?
@sabtraversa (13362)
No one asked, so I was quiet. Right, it can be found in written, visual, auditive art. Also in dancing. For a few people in cooking too, but I'm afraid that could be misleading for some. And it's a common topic for philosophers as well.
@louievill (20362)
@sabtraversa I'm still thinking, quite diffucult. BTW what do we get if we guess it right? free all expense paid trip to Italy would be just fine wait, philosophers like logic and all arts have logic but it's not eaten, am i close? Is it tangible or intangible?
@sabtraversa (13362)
@louievill A pair of claps you get. However nope, it's much easier than logic.
Its cute and humorous and light hearted
I think it means that people will admire what others have, but will need to pay a price to get it. Good job writing it!
@sabtraversa (13362)
Glad it gave you this thought, less fatalistic than mine.
• Israel
it looks fine to me. i also write poems, but in a different language. in Hebrew. i like your simple and beautiful.
@inertia4 (27792)
I can see the dark side in this poem. I usually write on the dark side. It has meaning yet it is light and airy. Well done, I enjoyed this poem.
I really love it. I can relate into this one. :D
@crossbones27 (22333)
• Redlands, California
The first ones are the scariest. I like it as you can tell it is not fake or just a gimmick. I have written maybe three poems and maybe a couple more if you count nonsense. Meaning I just kind of spout things awkwardly, but always did get more responses than I thought. I always say that is the last one also but get in weird moods and just feel like writing one.
@Ritu96 (900)
• Sonipat, India
its an artistic work....nice poem
Job well donei enjoy poetry.
@kayshope (1387)
ery well written, Id love to see more of them from you here.
• Pasig, Philippines
i like the poem :) it's cute
Well done on the poem