What a Day!

My hubs and I recently returned from our annual eye exams and are ultra light sensitive. Even the computer screen hurts my eyes! Never mind walking Doodles in the brilliant sunshine. The sun was blinding, even with my sunglasses on. Don't even mention the humidity! While outdoors, my neighbor invited us for cocktails this evening. I had to take a rain check. I'm on a roll with my diet. We are waiting for the phone to ring, not for sales pitches or scams, but for the hospital with a date for my hubby's surgery and an estimate for having tiles installed in our family room. Meanwhile, our older son is in Maine with his family, yet again, to get my granddaughter from camp tomorrow. They will spend a long weekend with her in Maine, sightseeing and stuffing their faces with lobster. And Kuma the cat vomitted under my bed. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to get my eyesight back!
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't know whether to feel sorry for the cat or for you. Maybe I will feel sorry for both of you. I didn't know your hubby was going to have surgery. I have been away from the site for a while. I hope it's nothing serious and that all goes well.
The cat is fine. She ate too many treats. My husband has spinal stenosis in his neck. I'm worried sick.
• Uzbekistan
@DianneN I had spinal stenosis three years ago further down the spine. I could only walk for about 30m and then had to stop for a certain amount of time. My legs didn't move anymore. The physician told me that if I hadn't something done, I might soon sit in a wheelchair. So I decided to have an operation. I'm happy to say that everything went well.
@MALUSE Thank you for sharing this with me. I have a friend with the same problem. I'm so happy that everything went well for you.
• Uzbekistan
"I had to take a rain check." --- What does that mean, please?
• Uzbekistan
@DianneN Thank you!
@suziecat7 (3394)
• Asheville, North Carolina
It sounds like you had quite the day. I hope tomorrow is calmer for you.
Thank you! It's always feast or famine with us. Lol!
You sure have a lot going on right now. I want to go to the beach and eat some fresh seafood.
Chicken tonight! Now you made me want seafood. Drat!
I kinow that ond Diana I hate that part of an eye exam getting my eyes dilated and this last time they did not give me any dark glasses so the glare on a super hot sunny day was terrible. ILt took forever to get back to my normal sight andI was trying to mylot if you please lol. your grand daughter is a really pretty girl.
Thank you, Patsie. I just couldn't keep my eyes opened, so got off here to rest them. Doing a bit better now.
@CinnamonGrl (6064)
• Paradise, California
I need my eyes checked, it's been a long time. My eyes are getting pretty light sensitive, too. My dad has macular degeneration, he didn't have it till he was in his 80s, but I just hope I never get it. Sorry to hear about the cat puke, lol.
Lol! You should be sorry about the cat puke! My eyes have always been sensitive to light, but those drops make them so much worse. I hope you don't get macular degeneration either! Old age is not fun!
@Platespinner (17062)
Poor kitty, and poor you! It's been a while since I've had my eyes dilated but the light sensitivity is always horrible afterwards!
My eyes are sensitive to light as it is, but this time it seemed worse than usual. Ugh!
@DianneN I hope the sensitivity goes away quickly!
Oh dear. A tough day for you! Hot and humid as can be here too. Hope your eyesight returns to normal soon. And, good luck with the cat vomit.
Lol! I half cleaned it. Too yucky, but I'll finish the cleaning of the vomit when I can see better. I had to get off here to rest my eyes. Happy to say I'm a bit better.
@DianneN Ya know. We sure have cleaned up a lot of vomit in our time. Yikes! We had Missy the cat, and she did the same. I remember jumping out the way of students who were too late to let me know they were going to be sick too.
Sounds like a heck of a day. Hope it gets better.
I can't wait to sit down and watch Michael Phelps swim! Who won the woman's volleyball game yesterday. Switzerland or USA? I only saw two of the matches.
@DianneN Team USA, but the Swiss did give them a run for their money.
@marsha32 (6689)
Oh gosh, a day like mine with so much going on. I think I would rather have the cat puke under the bed instead of ON my pillow like one of ours did the other day. Thankfully the gagging woke me up and I moved in time! He was up on the headboard.
Holy moly! Yes, under the bed is a much better place to puke. Lol!
Your granddaughter always looks so happy...her smile is contagious! Diet? You certainly don't look like you ever need to diet Hope by now your eyesight is better & you've gotten the phone calls you were waiting for
Thank you! She is a happy girl. Too much eating! Too fat! No calls except from a friend. Drat! Don't they know we are wrecks? I rested my eyes before, because I couldn't take the light from the computer. Doing a lot better now. Thank you!
Is Kuma a new cat ?
No, she is my younger son's female cat. He's on vacay. So I'm kitty sitting. Doodles is her big brother.
@Drosophila (16700)
Oh I hope you hear from hospital soon
Still waiting! Drat!
we are heading off to the lake Saturday.As the beach will be over crowded
I prefer a beach, but either will do. Have fun!
@nomus24g (24806)
too much of commotion in a single day
You said it! Lol!
@responsiveme (16816)
Hope the eyes feel better now. The dilation is the worst part of eye examinations.
I'm fine now. This was the worse I've ever experienced. Many thanks!
@DianneN Must be looking forward to your granddaughter's return from camp.
@responsiveme Oh, yes!
That's the worst part of an eye exam, the recovery period from the drops! Did you experience any changes to your eyesight? What's your long weekend coming up for? We don't have another one until Labour Day.
I'm fine now. It is a nasty experience, especially on a sunny day and having to take Doodles out. Eyesight is the same. No special weekend here. My son is taking a long weekend from work for a mini vacay after they pick up my granddaughter from camp. They've found some fun places when they've gone to visit her near the B&B on a farm. She's never been there and they want her stay there and visit places they've all discovered.
@acelawrites (12285)
I don't like too much light too, even from computer screen light. So you had your eyes treated, that's why. It will adjust later on as eye doctors say. Your granddaughter looks so cute, so with the big-eyed pink stuff toy.
Perhaps you have sensitive eyes like me. Thank you! That's her in her cabin at camp. I can't believe all the "stuff" she has!
@LoriAMoore (4679)
Eye exams are no fun. I've found myself more light sensitive lately and wearing sunglasses to drive.
I've been known to wear sunglasses with the car visor down, shading my eyes with one hand, and driving with one eye closed. I'm lucky I haven't killed anyone on the road!
There is a wonderful plant called Eyebright that tones and strengthens ocular membranes, have you heard of and can you get some ?
Sorry, I haven't heard of it. I'll check it out. Thanks, Erica.