I married a strange woman.

@xFiacre (9824)
Ireland
My wife seems to make a point of leaving a hot water bottle behind at every hotel we stay in. As soon as we get back from every holiday she first makes a trip to the hot water bottle shop to replace what she has misplaced, and she can't sleep one night without a hot water bottle, no matter how hot the weather. When we arrive in a hotel and I open the suitcase, there on top of the clothes will be a hot water bottle, but somehow, somehow, it never makes the return journey. The hotels of Europe must now be well populated with an assortment of hot water bottles all dressed in furry cat suits.
But, are you one to go out and get her one if she lands in a cold city and her feet are cold?
@xFiacre (9824)
@celticeagle I'd get no sleep till a bottle was procured.
@xFiacre ....So it is good that she takes one with her.
That does seem a tad strange. However, I'm a bit more concerned about the fact that she needs a hot water bottle all year round ... is she an alien?
@xFiacre (9824)
@poppylicious Sometimes I wonder that myself. She needs the windows closed tight, 2 quilts, a hot water bottle and a hot husband or she won't sleep right.
@CinnamonGrl (5448)
• Paradise, California
I had one leak and blister my leg when I was a little kid, and now I hate to hear about hot water bottles lol. Now you have got me all upset. What if I go to one of those dang hotels.
@Platespinner (16637)
Job security for those who work in the hot water bottle industry.
@hereandthere (20820)
then it means she buys a lot of furry cat suits, too.
@xFiacre (9824)
@hereandthere ridiculous furry little things to keep her feet from getting burned.
@xFiacre while you're someone who loves to open the windows. yeah, some people here like to sleep with the fan focused on them, then cover themselves fully with a blanket. i'm sure the sellers of hot water bottles and furry cat suits appreciate her forgetfulness.
@lingayako (244)
• Marikina, Philippines
You're lucky. It's hard to find "strange woman".
yup, which makes she's absolutely unforgettable
• Marikina, Philippines
@hereandthere Correct!
@Vivenda (609)
• Portsmouth, England
If one of the hot water bottles had perished, she would have been in hot water!
@xFiacre (9824)
@vivenda She never has them long enough for them to perish!
@pgntwo (19610)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
What a lot of old flannel... I know someone who left pyjamas behind, now what does that say about them, I wonder...?
does she have a particular ache that it helps with?
@xFiacre (9824)
@jillybean1222 No, and i dont think she ccold either, its just a habit.
• Hangzhou, China
Some people have their own habit of doing things in their life. So I think that it is very normal of your wife leaving a hot water bottle behind at every hotel you stay in. It is good for the hot water bottle factory.
You'd think that as they are so important to her that she would take better care of them.
You gave me the shivers! You caused me to remember another use for it that my grandmother preferred to use in me! Ghastly!