How hard is it to find a glass pitcher?

Apparently pretty hard. I am looking for a glass pitcher, with plant based filtering system that has NO silicone, NO plastic of any kind. Not even BPA free plastic as it can still have chemicals that are bad for us. It's pretty sad when even our drinking water comes into question. I am hoping to spend UNDER $50.00 but there really isn't much to choose from. If something doesn't have plastic, it still has silicone. If it has no sillicone, it has plastic. If' it is nearly perfect (has silicone but just on the rim) then it has really bad reviews. I'm not governed by reviews per se, but if all reviews are pretty crappy? I won't take the risk. So what are you spending your Friday evening doing?
It's a lot harder to find then it used to be, but really they should go back to glass.
I was thinking about that just the other day. They could have incentive programs within grocery stores. If you return glass to grocery stores you get like a $10.00 coupon for every 50 glass products you return. The grocery stores can profit by recycling the glass and it's a win - win for everyone. We need to get away from "cheaper to make"
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yeah, it would be nice if they could figure out a unbreakable glass, then that would solve all problems lol.
@TRBRocks420 Depends on how you look at it. I would worry about what materials they had to use to make the glass unbreakable. I've been doing a lot of reading up on health and how much plastic can harm us.
I would check for a glass pitcher at the second hand store.
The problem isn't the glass pitcher. I have one here. I want one WITH a filter.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ....Oh those! Yeah, I haven't been able to find one either. I was looking at Walmart just recently for one.
@celticeagle At the moment I just boil water in my tea kettle and hope for the best. It says to purify water you have to let it sit at a boil for atleast a minute. It doesn't exactly do that but I still feel I'm drinking cleaner water that way. For work? I bought a glass bottle of water once and now just refill it in the water fountain.
@zarlamain (24889)
I hope you are able to find one soon. Good luck!
I doubt I will be able to find one. Right now I've just been using my tea kettle, boil water and let it sit for a little while. I don't know how well it filters the water, it does have a filter attached to it. I do have a glass pitcher, but not sure I could find a plant based filter that would fit properly.
@zarlamain (24889)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I wish you the best in finding a proper pitcher. Companies coat their products with so many chemicals, so it's hard to find good products.
@zarlamain Very true. Even some of the healthy food options etc? Come in plastic. You can't truly win by trying with these type of things.
@polyxena (2574)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Good luck on finding one. I know finding anything that isn't latent with chemicals anymore is just tough.