Something very nice happened to me today

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Finished one text last night, but I'm not a good fiction writer and it got rejected today. Bummer, but it's part of the process, right? I got to work on another project, but I was tired and those 150+ words were hard to compose. Plus, I wasn't really comfortable with the topic - economics. Seriously, I took one class in college and it was a terrifying experience . Anyway I got it done about an hour before deadline. Surprisingly, the client bought it a couple of hours later. Great, right? Then I get an email from the client. I'm thinking, what, you bought it "as is" didn't you?? And praying it's something simple like a link or reference request. So, I read the email. He apologises for not tipping me and tells me he wants me to do other projects for him. Yay!
@annierose (17692)
Wow! Congratulations! What site were you using for that freelance job? I have heard about upwork but haven't tried it yet. I think that is is really challenging to write about a topic we don't really have an interest.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hirewriters. I forgot about Upwork, thanks for the reminder
@annierose (17692)
@sherryericha Are you also working in Upwork?
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@annierose. I think I signed up, but never did any work for them . I'm going to check my status and read the site reviews again. I do that a lot, always exploring sites to see what's up. I forgot I registered on hirewriters until they sent me an email I like doing research so writing about unfamiliar subjects is okay.
@rina110383 (24135)
Great job! I also do remote projects but on Upwork.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
You are the second person to mention Upwork during this discussion. So it's working well for you?
@rina110383 (24135)
@sherryericha Been getting remote projects on Upwork for more than a year now and I was never scammed because of their verified payment (escrow) feature.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@rina110383. Good to know.
@Tina30219 (34144)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is great news. So I am taking it from this article here you are a writer? What I always do when your articles or anything on a site you are on needs to be a certain length I always write it down on paper it helps when I do that.Good luck on your other project with this client.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Thanks
@akalinus (15694)
Every rejection is one step closer to an acceptance.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Literally this time.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
I would have trouble with fiction, too. It's too bad that one was rejected, but hey you have a client who wants more of your work, so it all balances out.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Character development, plots, themes - my brain can't handle it
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
That is awesome!
@responsiveme (16037)
Yay ! for you.:)
good for you Im happy doing fiction but lousy on articles glad you got accepted and more work is promised for you.
That sounds like a good gig you have going for you there.