Back from the physical grocery store; heading to the cyber store

@sallypup (30110)
Moses Lake, Washington
Buying food from an on line place seems so weird and strange and science fiction to me. Then I ran into sky high prices for baking yeast. I found reasonable prices on Amazon. I bought two pounds and stuck most of it in the freezer. Same with peanuts for our peanut butter. About three times the price in the physical store. We found super decent peanuts on ebay of all places for 2 a pound. Tonight we bought a pound of dates for a crazy price. I plan to head to cyber space to check on prices for them. And sesame seeds for hummus and bread. Not cheap in the physical store so yup, going cyber there, too. Gotta do what you gotta do!
@epiffanie (10447)
I can't imagine myself buying food item online .. I hope the real world stores would continue to exist .. or I'd be lost .. I don't know how t obuy things online .. lol .. I have to ask my husband to teach me..
@sallypup (30110)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@epiffanie Its been weird for me, too, buying essentials on line. I can't find shoes that fit my feet so I take chances and buy them on line cause otherwise I'd have to drive for hours to get to a decent shoe store. The physical stores in my area are not that great.
@epiffanie (10447)
@sallypup oh okay! I understand why you buy online if you have to drive far.. My neighbour bought a lovely pair of shoes online and it fit her but it was uncomfortable .. She wasted nearly a hundred dollars .. that's the downside of online shopping ..
@sallypup (30110)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@epiffanie I did the same thing but not quite that much money. I have a pair of shoes here that I tell myself I can wear then when I get them on they hurt my feet. (I have wide feet.) Its hard to know what to do.
@CRK109 (14381)
I've found much better prices for most of my shopping. If only I could find produce to buy online, I'd be all set!
@sallypup (30110)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CRK109 True. Fresh produce delivered to the door would be nice in the winter especially.
@CRK109 (14381)
@sallypup Absolutely! I'm sure someone will figure out a way! lol
Yes, you can sometimes find better deals online, but then you have to wait also pay shipping usually. I bought a 5 dollar item and, the shipping was 6.95 lol.
@sallypup (30110)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 Ebay is getting nastier about shipping charges. I'm trying to see if I really need to buy 50.00 worth of stuff in order to get free shipping on Amazon.
I buy some things in bulk online. Like tea, I get big boxes on amazon and only have to buy chai once a year or so.
@noni1959 (4302)
I like to shop around and I also drive into Stayton for the Safeway bargains. I use the Just4U savings and come out pretty good plus save at the gas pump. I purchased $249 worth of groceries for $171 yesterday and got some free peanuts too. If I really add the coupons I can do better. It will feed us two weeks of full three meals and snacks plus included toiletries etc. I get my hemp hearts cheaper on Amazon. If some have free shipping I compare the price of driving vs cost.
Yes, you certainly do. Thinking a head helps too.