Did anyone else get an email from SkyPip last night? I'm sticking with MyLot.

Pleasant Hill, California
I got an email from SkyPip.com last night as I was sleeping. It spoke of how they are increasing ways that members can get paid. Or something like that. But the quality of writing was so bad, I couldn't really tell what they were talking about. Do you remember SkyPip? I may be wrong, but I think it was a "writing site" that sent unsolicited emails to a lot of Bubblews members as Bubbews was shutting down. Many of us were wondering how they got our emails. Have you tried any of the other "writing sites" out there that appeared to be styled after Bubblews? Do any of them actually pay? I have no temptation to try any of them at this time.
@Mike197602 (13889)
Never heard of the sky thing but I'd left bubblews way before it shut. I've joined loads of writing sites but have posted on next to none as there is never the back and forth like there is on mylot. I see mylot as more a discussion site than a writing site and as yet there hasn't really been anything that's tempted me enough to actively participate in. I am looking though as some things here grate on me so it'd be nice to have somewhere else to go.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What grates on you here (other than my incessant posting about refinishing wood)? I don't find myself getting grumpy here very often.
@Mike197602 (13889)
@TheHorse I don't mind the wood discussions I just don't respond as I've rarely anything to add A few things get on my nerves but I'll just keep them to myself as it may be seen as moaning or being too negative
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Mike197602 I was only kidding about the wood. Not much irks me here. I enjoy your comments. You seem to be an independent thinker.
I got that at wondered how they got me too. I did go there and saw two members from here there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm wondering if Avi Dixit sold our email addresses for some extra party cash. No evidence to support that, though.
@vandana7 (66842)
@TheHorse .. I did not even notice it...lol But what you said is possible though I am not sure how bear and others would be party to that sin.
@Jackalyn (6684)
• Oxford, England
@TheHorse I do hope he didn't! Unfortunately a lot of places seem to do this these days.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
I have not heard of the site, but I am happy at Mylot.
@Jackalyn (6684)
• Oxford, England
Me too, but I still want to put my articles somewhere in a community. I would like a second option.
I haven't heard of this one, but then again I'm not looking for other sites. During the B era, I did sign up for a couple other sites - and they turned out to be big fails. I was here in myLot before and now I'm back again . . . this is the only trusted site for me!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm glad this was available when Bubblews folded. I enjoy writing away for no particular reason sometimes. Progress notes and class handouts get old. I'm also glad this is a high integrity site. I was starting to get cynical about human nature when I was writing on Bubblews and wondering if I'd get paid this or that month. The early "worship" of Avi was also downright scary.
@TheHorse Me too - I just like writing "stuff". I was always biting my nails when I was on B - wasn't that all terrible? I don't even know why I put up with that. I am much more relaxed being here on myLot - it's never stressful - I can focus purely on the writing and friendships rather than all that other garbage we dealt on B.
Thank you for asking that question. I wondered the same thing. I got an e-mail from the site back when I was still part of Bubblews, but never followed up on it. If you can't understand the site, it isn't worth looking into.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The quality of writing was so bad, I wondered how they could administer a "writing site."
@thehorse I didn't get the email and never even heard of the site! I was sort of on and off Bubblews after they started to go downhill! I am going to write a few research articles for three other sites but am mainly sticking here at my lot! I feel hurt i didn't get the email lol!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I could forward it to you if you'd like. I wonder if the person who runs the site was a disgruntled Bubblews member.
@TheHorse NO, no to forward it because if it was poorly written and that was the sites bosses wonder what the writing is like on that site! I think it is somebody who bought your email address off somebody if you get emails like me from all sorts of places that i signed up to get!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Marty1 Of course I was joking. But yes, I assume they bought the list from someone, perhaps the Bubblews perps.
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
Not like that and Mylot was always the safe choice once I Learned a few things. I did do Blog Mutt or something like that but it was very corporate and we seemed to clash as they suspended my account. I asked if it was my writing and they would never respond. The clients were not mad at what I had to say. I looked at some of the responses to rejected posts and they were quite vocal on some of them. Mine, was just you are to late on this and the ones that clients liked. 5 stars on nearly all of them. They said I had to many rejected posts though. I do not get it because it is kind of like if I were to write a blog and say someone can have the copyright for 8 bucks. That is all it was and obviously more established than a personal blog. What does it matter if I was rejected because they had so many other people writing the same posts. Maybe that was the problem. To many people. Could of just said that. lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
There was one site I checked out where they gave you "assigned topics" to research and write about. But the topics were too broad and I had no idea what they were looking for. I left quickly.
@vandana7 (66842)
@TheHorse ... Pony..if you join iwriter, today there are several articles on Australian Casinos. Each one pays about 2.4 dollars. 500 words. Your English is too good. You shouldn't have issues. It should take just half an hour to write one because grammar is not your problem. 10 minutes for reference. :)
• Redlands, California
@TheHorse That was my problem also with that one. I tried specifically for ones that were very detailed in what they wanted. The problem is so far and few and people were onto that way of thinking. Competition was very tough.
@vandana7 (66842)
There was one that I joined because there were a few other friends that were going there. But I did not qualify there. I think it was blogjob. Honestly, I can't make that kind of time. With my maid reducing her workload to look after her great granddaughter, I have enough on my hands. lol. It is as well, I love cleaning home. YouTube music, me cleaning or cooking, and screaming my guts out, that is how life should be..lol.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Screaming would be hard on my voice. Why I never became a heavy metal singer. Heh.
@vandana7 (66842)
@TheHorse ..Would you have liked to? Try keeping toddlers around for 4 hours continuously...it will come naturally..lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Hey, in one of my jobs, I've kept toddlers amused continuously for four hours.
Never received any of those and never heard of it before. But I can only handle one writing site at a time anyway.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Me too. One is enough.
I have never heard of that site before :)
@Tiah101 (211)
@infatuatedbby (27635) ...same here.The heads up is spot on though
Never heard of this one.No intention in doing this.I like it here.I love the people like you so that I can read your post. Pip,pip,pip
• Pleasant Hill, California
I enjoy our community here as well. No need to go searching.
I got the email but I deleted it without even opening it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I read this one. And then deleted it. If they still haven't hired a native English speaker to write their promo material, they can't be doing that well.
@waflay (2726)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I think this is a way of soliciting for new members for registration and I guess a good site should not be out there looking for anyone but instead speak for itself by the number of online positive reviews of its good work.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Agreed. If a former Epinions or Bubblews friend contacted me and said they were Jonesing to write, I would tell them about MyLot.
• Eugene, Oregon
I have read here on MyLot of many that folded quickly, but have joined none.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I joined one that folded quickly but never paid. Can't remember what it was called.
No email from SkyPip for me. I tried many that went under, so will stick with myLot. Hate getting burned again.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What was the name of that one rip-off site some Bubblers went to for awhile? I've repressed it. Something Gallery?
@TheHorse Yes, I can remember the Gallery part, but that is it. A lot went to TSU. DailyTwoCents was another place they wandered too.
@akalinus (20077)
I did not get an email either. But, I bailed out of Bubblews before it closed.
I have made some money on blogmutt and a few others, but those are assignments, and while I am fine with that, I rather have gotten to like the freeflow of here
• Pleasant Hill, California
No assignments for me! At least not for $5.
@TheHorse well the assignments on blogmutt pays 8+, but the amount of work those take, let's just say I wouldnt do it much unless I lost my job and was really scrounging for pennies
@JustBhem (41289)
• Davao, Philippines
When Bubblews gone, I promised myself not to endulge to another writing sites. But one of my friend introduce me here and I felt home afterwards. So. I'm sticking with myLot.
@JustBhem (41289)
• Davao, Philippines
@TheHorse It is indeed perfect. Now you are rooting here.
I like it here. It's like what Bubblews aspired to be before they ran it into the ground.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm not sure we'll ever really know what Bubblews aspired to be.
This is the only site I've tried apart from Bubblews. It suits me.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I really enjoy our community here.
@LoriAMoore (4666)
I've never heard of SkyPip and didn't receive any emails.
• Pleasant Hill, California
You're not missing anything, as far as I know.