What's in Your Garage?

@nanette64 (15553)
Fairfield, Texas
Imagine coming home, opening the garage door and seeing a 9'-300 pound alligator. That's exactly what happened to Doug Dallmer in Fulshear, Texas yesterday. Now mind you, this isn't a pet that Mr. Dallmer had raised from birth and he can't even figure out how it got inside the garage.
Cameras roll as crews struggle to remove huge 300-pound alligator from Texas man's garage. KPRC's Brandon Walker reports.
Oh my! We have only found a little lizard in our garage at best.
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Funny you should mention that @much2say , a little Gecko tried to get in through my back door yesterday.
@nanette64 How cute! And surely it wasn't the size of an alligator .
Well Sis, I think you, and I would have freaked out at that visitor even though we are definitely animal folks!! Yikes! How are you feeling these days my friend? Are the critters doing well?
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, I think if I saw one in my stock pond, I'd be running faster than an Olympic Athlete @Corbin5 . An Olympic record would be broken. I'm still breathin'. I strained my back last Saturday hauling water buckets but it's okay now. These temps of over 100 and heat index close to 110 is a royal pain. I'll be taking the 2 Siamese boys in for a snip-snip (neuter) on the 17th. Good thing too 'cause they're showing a little too much interest in their 2 sisters and Momma.
@nanette64 My sister and I have the back thing too. I have a back brace that I should wear when I do the heavy lifting, and so does Sis, but it is such a hassle to wear that thing. Hot and humid here too. Good luck to the Siamese boys; gotta save the sisters and Momma! So glad you are doing pretty well. Hugs!
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Yeah, I wear the Tommy Copper back brace sometimes. I like it. Much more maneuverability but you get great support. I was shocked that it only cost $19.99. Thanks, I'm hanging in there.
That's scary! The most scary thing was finding a raccoon. Then my dad had to carefully shoo it out after the raccoon made a mess in the garage , knocked down boxes and what not
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
I have about 18 raccoon's @infatuatedbby but they come up in the front yard to eat dinner every night.
@nanette64 Wow that's scary! It's not common where I live.
@FourWalls (11425)
The gator swallowed the garage door opener? A Texas Tech fan playing a prank on a University of Florida fan? Kidding, of course. I lived in Florida for seven years and never saw a gator in the wild. I really didn't know they migrated to Texas (Louisiana, I can see, but Texas is a big state with lots of dry land!). Looking at the map, though, Fulshear is near Houston, and they've had lots of rain lately, so some gators may have made their way from Louisiana or the Gulf.
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Wow, that's a shock you never saw one while in Florida @FourWalls . I just hope this critter don't make it's way up I-45 to my place.
@FourWalls (11425)
@nanette64 -- to be fair, I was young (teenage) most of that time (the last two years was in the Navy), and my parents didn't let me go anywhere by myself where I was likely to run into one. And, I lived pretty citified the entire time (Daytona Beach and Jacksonville).
This would be scary, I am glad that there are no alligators in Switzerland.
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, no kidding @LadyDuck .
That would scare me and then awe me. I would quickly the shut the door and scream from being startled would be my first reaction. Then I'd probably go get my camera.
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, no kidding @shaggin , me too.
Sorry,have not the privilege to have a garage.
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me either @amadeo . That's probably a good thing.
@Macarrosel (7598)
OMG! Well, it won't happen here for we don't have alligators in our place..
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
Really @Macarrosel ? I would think there'd be some around that area.
• Eugene, Oregon
That would be a shock I could do without!
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
I had a little Gecko try to get in the back door yesterday, but an alligator? I don't think so @JamesHxstatic .
Yikes! that's certainly not something I'd want to find in my garage
@nanette64 (15553)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm glad I don't have a garage @Marilynda1225 considering all the different types of critters I've got here at my place. But an alligator? Oye Vay!
I would freak out if I find a beast in our garage.
there could be one'n our garages 'n i'd ne'er know 't, lol.
I'm glad I don't live anywhere that's likely to happen!
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Must have been a terrible shock for them.