Vacation is over, nice to be home

We left 7:50 am and got home at 11:40 am - no issues, a nice ride. Luckily some of the tourists along the route must have still been sleeping in, roads were empty. I was very happy to see the 'Tennessee State Line' sign. All unpacked, laundry in the dryer, mail disposed of, we all had a nice swim. Actualy, Ruby got out of the SUV and right into the pool Everything looks good, we had rain which we are glad of. Photo is mine taken at a cute little Visitor's Center in Andrews, NC. She was waiting for her pop to come back to the car. Now to rest a while.
We just came back from TN last week. Our drive was considerably a lot longer than yours though lol. Glad you had an amazing time. :-)
We used to make the trip from TN to NJ - for many years - too much. Then we started going to SC on shore 8 hours...now I think a 3-4 hour ride is just enough for us. Where were you in TN?
@AbbyGreenhill Around the Memphis area. Took us a day 1/2 on the way up because we left later than expected and made it back in 1 shot on the way back to FL. My husband was tired from all that driving.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DanieGirl80587 I visited my sister in Memphis a few times. Seemed like a nice enough town.
Nice to hear you had a quick and uneventful trip home. What is it about vacationing that always makes it so good to get back home?
I think getting back to what's familiar - a chair that 'knows' my butt, a TV that I can operate blindfolded, I can find a glass in a cabinet without a road map LOL!
@AbbyGreenhill ......and no idiot appliance nightmares.
@celticeagle And my fridge works fine - makes ice and keeps food cold LOL - that woman still hasn't refunded me the money...I'll give her a few days then I'm going to remind her.
She is adorable. It's nice to get away but always wonderful to get back home.
We are all happy to be home and in one piece.
Ruby sure has an eagle eye out for Pop! Molly does that too. Glad you had little traffic to contend with.
It was a much better ride than the one going there.
It must be good to be home, and Ruby obviously appreciates the pool.
It was such a lousy trip the first three days that I was ready to come home then LOL!
@Vivenda (588)
• Portsmouth, England
It's great to go away, but it's just as good to be home again and unpacked!
Very true - I looked forward to it for 4 months and all of a sudden it's over but I'm home and I appreciate my comforts!
welcome home.Rest up and see more of you soon
Thanks, I'll be on more tomorrow.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
Yup vacation's great but it's also great to get back home. I didn't get away this year, but I did have some friends visit one weekend and that kind of got me out and "away" from worries. At least for short periods of time. Even that was refreshing. I would like a week or two at the coast or something, though. Maybe next year. I'll have to have someone come here to help my mom out. I don't like the idea of her being alone with no help. Your doggie looks so sweet waiting for Dad to come back.
Being originally from NJ we enjoy going to the coast, but I can't stand the 8 hours each way. So we 'settle' for a 3-4 hour ride in the mountains. Thanks, she is a good girl and was happy to get home.
she looks like she is still having fun
Coming home was fun for her.
@AbbyGreenhill if she is like my dogs car rides are fun
@Jessicalynnt Not for this one - she paces back and forth and pants the whole time. Then when we stop and give her water she drinks like she's on fire. We've tried a calming collar and other things, no luck.
@Platespinner (16491)
Glad you made it home again safely!
Thanks, I like your state, but we had a few glitches there!
@AbbyGreenhill Uh oh? What happened?
@Platespinner cabin wasn't cleaned, fridge wasn't working, got a new one was too big for the space, owner was 1 1/2 hours away and put me in charge - the place was mess - had to taken shelves down and put all the stuff someplace - no room in the kitchen...should I go on? I wrote about it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad you made it home safely!
and I didn't' wind up in jail either.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@AbbyGreenhill You just weren't trying hard enough. You didn't bring any corn or sunflower seeds with you?
@TheHorse No, but I did get into that screaming match with the cabin's owner.
No matter how good a vacation is there is no place like home.
At least 1/2 of our was good so the ride home was the icing on the cake.
Glad that you are home safe and sound.
and well fed and had a nap too!
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Glad you got home ok. Lovely photo.
Thanks, she's a good subject!
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's always nice to get home after a nice trip. I do enjoy going on a trip, but I also enjoy coming home. I'm glad that the roads weren't too crowded for you guys.
I like the roads less traveled LOL...backroads were unfortunately what we had to use most of the way, but it was ok.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AbbyGreenhill I kind of like backroad too. It can be relaxing.
@dodo19 When they are twisting/turning/up and down with mountains on one side and cliffs on the other they aren't too much fun - it plays on your nerves.
@sprite1950 (14022)
• Corsham, England
I love going away but I'm also always happy to come home. I'm getting quite excited because we are going on holiday next Friday for a week but I know I will be excited about coming back too :)
I'm not the biggest fan of long car rides and since we live in the country going out on busy roads now makes me nervous!
@sprite1950 (14022)
• Corsham, England
@AbbyGreenhill I'm a nervous driver anyway but where we are going isn't too far from home so I think I'll be ok.
@sprite1950 I don't drive, no need to - my husband does it all. Good luck with your trip.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I love the photo and so glad you have a good time and a comfortable trip home. I'd jump in the pool too...
My husband unloaded the car and I unloaded into the pool - that's fair right?!
@AbbyGreenhill yup, it is fair....
@PainsOnSlate He did join me once he unloaded the cooler.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Vacations can be hard! It is always nice to have a place to return to that is enjoyed.
The problems the first few days put it on a bad track.
@LoriAMoore (4815)
Like Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz, there's no place liked home.
There sure isn't....as a matter of fact I just woke up from a nice long nap in my own very comfy recliner!
• Rochester, New York
I haven't been on a road trip with my pup before. When our Old English Sheepdog was alive he went on a few road trips with us. They were quite the adventure. lol
She loves to get in the car, but she's not a good rider..she paces and whole time.