Flood waters rising ... Baton Rouge, Lousiana. Not good!

Dallas, Texas
Several counties within the Baton Rouge area are inundated by flood waters, including areas of Mississippi. There has been a massive evacuation in the southern areas of Louisiana. Ascension Paish has been the center of this story. Do you have friends or relatives in that area? Rains are a threat in areas even outside this region. Even drought areas not to mention Dallas, Texas, have seen moderate rain fall and a slight decrease in temperatures in the past 24 hours. The flooding in Baton Rouge is adding insult to injury I am afraid. Is there no end in sight? For details look at this link below: https://weather.com/news/weather/news/gulf-coast-flooding-latest-news
Ascension Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness released a flood zone map that highlights areas they think will have moderate to major flooding.
@garymarsh6 (14086)
Flooding can be so devastating! Lets hope the rains subside and the floods too!
• Dallas, Texas
I hope so. It seems these people are getting far too many floods as if Katrina wasn't enough.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search This article covers the Hurricane Katrina effects by region, within the United States and Canada. The effects of Hurricane Katrina, in August 2005, were catastrophic and widespread. It was o
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I didn't realize what was going on there until I saw a news article about it online earlier today. I don't know anyone living in that area. I pray for those who lost their homes.
• Dallas, Texas
And those lives lost also. It is a terrible mess.
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@lookatdesktop It is very sad for those who lost their lives.
I saw the footage, and the flooding is heartbreaking. So many suffering now.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope the waters subside as fast as they came. The grounds are I believe, below sea level in these areas where flooding takes place most often.
New technology has revealed that southeast Louisiana is sinking faster than previously known. Combined with rising seas due to global warming, a leading scientist says waters will rise
I feel sorry for the people living there, what a catastrophe for them.
• Dallas, Texas
I have only been through Louisiana a few times just driving through and with a friend to the Horse Shoe casino.
I hope the flood water go down and do not cause much damage to homes and business.
• Dallas, Texas
I am wondering if the levees have been damaged or if they are working on improving them.
TrailLink Find a Trail My TrailLink My Tools Find a Trail Plan Your Trip Trail of the Month High Trestle Trail Length: 25.6 miles Surface: Asphalt, Concrete Find a Trail Learn More Engage Tweet Rate this Trail Louisiana Trail Map Description Suggest an Edi
@nomus24g (22997)
Read about in news today...natural calamities can be fatal
• Dallas, Texas
That is an accurate statement.