Dreaded "E" button not working

@KristenH (24930)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Remember this spring I told you about my "E" button issues on my keyboard? Not too long ago today, it was hard to work and press down. After I sprayed my keyboard with air compressor, now it's not working at all. I believe it's shot to hell. For now, I'm using my spare keyboard and try to reboot it to see if it would work. I might have to clean it, too. Have you had an issue like this before? If so, how did you fix it? Help!
Well, I have never had this problem before, but "e" sure does stand for "evil" regarding that key!
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
repair shop, see if it's the sensor, or do as you are, just use a keyboard plugged into the laptop
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Don't have the money for it now. Any quick fixes?
@KristenH honestly no.I wonder if you can use a program to assign a different key to be the E for now. like z. that one doesnt get used tons
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Jessicalynnt ok I don't know about that.
@sabtraversa (13331)
I lost the N key due to a few waterdrops falling on the keyboard. What did I do? Simple, I had to copy and paste the N key until I bought a new laptop.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Hmm. How?
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sabtraversa Good idea. It's on and off working and is a pain. Might have to change keyboards for good if cleaning it doesn't help.
No, I've not had any issues with the keys not working. I hope that your key regains its use soon for you, maybe it just needs a break.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Maybe. Reboot didn't help.
'tis this keyboard'n a laptop 'r a desktop?? if'n the latter, ya can take the keys off 'n clean whate'er junk 'tis below. i used to need to do that oft where i was workin'. amazin' what schtuff ends'p there, particularly when folks munch whilst they type/work.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
laptop. I tried that before when my E button became loose. It didn't help at all.
@KristenH nah, these laptops're jest diff'rent monkeys :( i dunno if'n ya check youtube, do a search online if'n somebody might've a solution??
@KristenH uh-oh :( can ya do an external keyboard with these?
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
Never had that particular problem but my colleagues and I once played a trick on someone at work. While they were out at lunch we swapped around a few letters of their keyboard. Nothing too obvious just the odd pair of letters right next to each other. It took them about an hour, after returning from lunch, to work out was going on.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Hmm. I think I accidentally shorted my wires on my laptop on Monday. Oh well.
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
@KristenH Probably better than shorting the wires in your brain!!!!
I just bought another keyboard.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good for you. I have my brother's internal keyboard. But now I have no volume.
@divalounger (2250)
Oh no---I haven't had that happen yet, but it sounds like you are doing what you should to clear up the problem--good luck with it!
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No luck with the keyboard on my lap. So my internal keyboard would do for now and maybe I can get it repaired next year when I have the funds for it.
I haven't had that happen. I just bought a wireless keyboard. Wish I could be of help.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No worries.
@PainsOnSlate (20524)
A long time ago I did have that problem and ended up buying a new keyboard. I too have a spare now and a spare mouse. My mouse is cordless and if the batteries fail I had nothing. Now I have one I can plug in while waiting for the batteries to recharge.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's a good deal.
@Macarrosel (7540)
You're keyboard needs to be clean. I am sure of that.
@rina110383 (24070)
None. So far, all keys are functioning.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
ok
No I don't think I've had that issue. But if I did, I would buy a brand new one hopefully on sale.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Okay thanks for letting me know.
Not sure sorry, my e button you can no longer see, but it still works.
@KristenH (24930)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It's okay.
@sol_cee (17330)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Oh no. I cannot live without letter E.
@Micmac (9442)
When my keyboard buttons don't work, I pry the caps off and wipe them with anti-static monitor wipes. Also I turn the keyboard upside down and shake it because that helps to get out the crumbs and dirt that gets stuck in between and underneath the buttons.
@CRK109 (14413)
I'm so sorry. It never happened to me but I can't believe it's a very hard fix. Is there a computer shop in your area where you can bring it in and have them look at it?
• Preston, England
I had an old manual typewriter where the Letter E was stuck on with putty for about two years - glad you had a spare keyboard you can use
@LoriAMoore (4677)
No I haven't had that happen yet but the e, f, and o keys are worn out (you can't read the letter)