Here comes the Ferris Wheel! Must be time for the fair.

@PatZAnthony (12970)
Charlotte, North Carolina
The local area used to host fairs is busy with people getting ready to secure the rides, including the Ferris Wheel pictured here, that many will enjoy riding. The Ferris Wheel is fairly large-not one that everyone will appreciate. With the weather being so hot lately, it would surprise me if the fair draws the crowds that are hoped for.As always, there will be competitions with local bakers and singers this year. Thinking we will skip this one! Do you enjoy going to fairs in your area?
I did until I had to use a blasted walker as I cannot take it on a city bus to get to the fairs and using access bus makes it a pretty expensive] ride plus I get more tired later.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It will be too hot here for us to enjoy we think-but we will see what happens.
@PatZAnthony maybe it will turn out to be a bit cooler love fairs too
@ridingbet (59343)
i like the feeling and the sensation when the ferris wheel (if i am riding on) descends. it is as if my heart is about to jump up to my throat. i had my chance to ride on a roller coaster in Kuwait too.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Not a big fan of the rides here myself, but many will stand online for an hour in the heat to try one.
@ridingbet (59343)
@PatZAnthony now, i cannot even ride the ferris wheel because my heart might not carry the excitement and anxiety as well
• Eugene, Oregon
We don't go to either the county fair the Scandinavian Festival that was held over the weekend. It was and almost always is far too hot when these events take place.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is usually too hot for us to go to the fair here. Maybe they should consider having these in the fall instead of August.
• Eugene, Oregon
@PatZAnthony Great idea!
@marsha32 (6689)
Our town hosts the Kansas State Fair and it starts this Friday. This year, for some reason, I am just not excited at all about going. Family always goes on the first Monday because it's Dollar Day and you get in the gate free with a Dillon's Plus card. It's always been a full, fun day spent with family....why don't I look forward to going?
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Most we know don't see to enjoy these events now-Maybe we have all been to just too many?
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
There will be two fairs held in Hyderabad. They are very important . People from other states come and open their stalls and the cultural programmes will be quite attractive.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, it does sound like fun. Hope you enjoy it!
I like going there to walk around and sometimes ride the rides.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It can be fun here if it is not too hot.
Every year I want to go but for some reason end up not going.
Each county we lived in we went once to their fairs - participated in two of them, won ribbons! I wouldn't ride a ride at a fair if they gave them for free, too many accidents, plus I am not a ride person. Our fair is early Sept - depends on the temperature if we go or not - I hate walking around in a puddle of sweat.
Yes, we know that the fiesta or fair is nearing here in our place if the ferris wheel and the other amusement rides are already in the park . The last time i tried ferris wheel was perhaps in my grade six , after that i never tried anymore because i got scared riding it when it stopped on the top most . Oh my !
@rina110383 (24070)
Yes, because of the rides and the food.
@antonbunot (9637)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, we had a family reunion last week and we all went to Calaway Park (Calgary). I rode not only the ferris wheel but also the roller coaster . . I almost stopped breathing!
I haven't been to a fair in ages but we do have them here occasionally
@PainsOnSlate (20508)
When i was a kid the county fair was important for 4H, farmers and future farmers. I haven't been to a fair in years. I enjoyed the rides too...